Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well my new date has moved all the way until January 17th - Feb 14th! I originally ordered the pre-refresh Model S on Jan 1, 2021. I confirmed the new configuration shortly after refresh update. LR white/ black interior / 19" wheels. No FSD.

I have seen estimated dates from Feb '21 all the way until Feb '22. It really feels like they don't want to deliver my car. I'm sure it's because it's 12K less than the current orders and they do not value their commitments made to consumers.

You'd think I'd learn from other experiences - my first tesla was delivered march of 2013 - pretty much on time with their first estimate. My second tesla was a model 3 in march of 2020. That one I took from inventory after they couldn't deliver my order on time so I switched configs a little bit. And the whole time I would read this board and see how everyone else has been treated over the years.

I can't wait until they open up the supercharger network to other manufacturers. Next time it will be much easier to select another vendor for my car.

What a tribute to their engineering and their supercharger strategy that we all put up with this. I do hate myself for not being able to resist though.

Well my new date has moved all the way until January 17th - Feb 14th! I originally ordered the pre-refresh Model S on Jan 1, 2021. I confirmed the new configuration shortly after refresh update. LR white/ black interior / 19" wheels. No FSD.

I have seen estimated dates from Feb '21 all the way until Feb '22. It really feels like they don't want to deliver my car. I'm sure it's because it's 12K less than the current orders and they do not value their commitments made to consumers.

You'd think I'd learn from other experiences - my first tesla was delivered march of 2013 - pretty much on time with their first estimate. My second tesla was a model 3 in march of 2020. That one I took from inventory after they couldn't deliver my order on time so I switched configs a little bit. And the whole time I would read this board and see how everyone else has been treated over the years.

I can't wait until they open up the supercharger network to other manufacturers. Next time it will be much easier to select another vendor for my car.

What a tribute to their engineering and their supercharger strategy that we all put up with this. I do hate myself for not being able to resist though.
Wow, that's some bs. Same config here but ordered way later in August. Date is still holding mid-December. But given how things are going, not expecting the car to arrive until end of Q1 2022. Like you, once other manufacturers have caught up, I'd look elsewhere.

I'm not holding my breath either for my EDD Oct 15-Nov 4 considering it seems like CongoBongo's EDD got pushed. Although I'm not really in a rush since I'm still WFH and maybe more production improvements will happen by then? What if 4860 comes out and will they include it? I guess 4860 is not as likely since it will be Model Y that will get it first it seems.
Yup, as expected, it changed again.

EDD which bumped up on Saturday from Nov 11 - Dec 3 to Oct 8 - Oct 28 got pushed out to Dec 11- Dec 31 this morning. Christmas present, I guess

Unbelievable. I keep telling myself there are supply shortages and that's why our orders keep getting pushed back, but when I routinely see summer orders get delivered with the same configs as those with winter orders I cannot think of a reasonable explanation.

Sorry you have to go through this. I used to be on the Tesla bandwagon, stood in a 4 hour line to get my M3, but my experience with the refresh S and the countless stories worse than mine have pretty much pushed me to seek another brand next time.

Anyone in Seattle actually got a vin after the EOQ?
I doubt it, after EOQ i didn’t see any MSLR or plaid in existing inventory. But if contact you SA , there answer will be we dont have any MSLR but we do have plaid. We can’t see in existing inventory but they do have availability in seattle. I said no to that. Dont wants to spend $50 thousand more when speed limit is 60/mile .

My order was 5/4 and it's still sitting at Dec 11 - Dec 31. However, there are other orders with white interiors that were made after mine that have slightly earlier EDD's. So.. either mine is moving up, theirs is moving out, or we're all moving out.
I had white interior for about a month and switched to black after thinking more about it. Who knows what kinda logic they are using for these EDDs or if there is any logic to it at all

Reactions: Vick sandhu