Were those other orders for Washington or for other areas of the US?My order was 5/4 and it's still sitting at Dec 11 - Dec 31. However, there are other orders with white interiors that were made after mine that have slightly earlier EDD's. So.. either mine is moving up, theirs is moving out, or we're all moving out.
Those were for orders in the Midwest, Southeast (Florida), and Jersey, I believe. None from the Washington area other than Vick here. Didn't make much sense to me but I don't believe these EDD's at this point anyway, so not sure what to think of it.Were those other orders for Washington or for other areas of the US?
It's tough to compare EDDs from other regions. Most EDDs for MSLRs with similar configs in the Pacific region have similar dates, but once you compare those EDDs with Florida or some other state, it's anyone's guess.Those were for orders in the Midwest, Southeast (Florida), and Jersey, I believe. None from the Washington area other than Vick here. Didn't make much sense to me but I don't believe these EDD's at this point anyway, so not sure what to think of it.
Seems like there is a drought of VINs; perhaps we are seeing the retooling of Fremont for the 2022's and addition of the new front casting. There were reports that would be a 2-3 week shut-down period.Nothing so far, dates moving back and now next year, i think thats computer generated, have nothing to do with delivery.
Really dont care now, whenever they deliver is fine with me now, it was only to get it before 11th October. Now not that excited.Seems like there is a drought of VINs; perhaps we are seeing the retooling of Fremont for the 2022's and addition of the new front casting. There were reports that would be a 2-3 week shut-down period.
Yep, mu EDD has remained the same for ~3 weeks now (10 - 30 Dec). I informed my SA about the 6 EDD changes, and the delay impacts after selling my MS in August in anticipation of Oct delivery. Maybe that exchange let them know that I was pissed and that changing my EDD would not be wise. Whatever the reason, I too am hoping for XMas delivery of LR MS.No changes to mine this week. Still trying to be a good boy so that I can remain on Santa’s nice list for a Christmas delivery.
And now it’s narrowed 10/20-11/3Finally got a EDD 10/15-11/4
Thanks for your info. I share our frustration about delays and lack of WA attention on LR orders. My EDD is similar to yours (Dec 10-30). Any feedback on Lynnwood SC location for deliveries? I was planning on picking my LR up there as it is only ~3+ miles from my home.I dropped by one of the Tesla stores this weekend to get some clarification on the overall process. Here's what I got (which may or may not clarify some questions):
A. Delivery Related
1. There are some Tesla locations that only do at-home deliveries. For example, the one at the Bellevue Square apparently does deliveries there but the one in north Bellevue/ south Redmond only performs at-home deliveries. Not sure if people are able to select a delivery option once their VIN is assigned but this doesn't seem to be the case.
2. The rep stated that payment must be confirmed before they can bring the car to the house. This is strange because you have a choice of doing a Cashier's check or a bank transfer, the latter which can be completed prior to the person driving the car over. A Cashier's check can be handed to the driver upon arrival but I guess it means that you can't enter the car without giving them the check first?
3. After the vehicle arrives at the destination (store), they are expected to deliver the car withing 3-6 days. If you can't accept it within that time, that car will be assigned to someone else and you will be placed at the top of the queue (not back of the list) for a new VIN. ***I wouldn't count on this one.....
4. You have either 24 hours or 100 miles (whichever comes first) to file any requests for a fix. I'm not sure what happens when things start to fall apart after the first 24 hours....
B. EDD Related
1. I have an EDD of Dec 11 - Dec 31 on a 5/4 order date for a MSLR White/White/19's/FSD. There are others in different forum topics that have the same or nearly the same config that have a Nov 14 - Mid Dec EDD but are located in Florida. I have no idea why this is the case given that delivery to FL would appear to take longer than WA... Perhaps there are more orders in FL than WA and so it's easier to fill up a truck? I have no idea but I'm not super thrilled about that one.
2. The rep said they checked what they call a "soft match" in their system and mine simply says "December". She added that it could be sometime before or around Dec 11 or within the Dec 11 - Dec 31 timeline but doesn't have any other information than that.
3. EDD isn't very clear now, so the rep said to not worry about the Financing approval until you get closer to that timeline. This is a bit different from what other SA's have said in the past where they claimed that your full profile needed to be updated to be assigned a VIN. Not sure what to believe but I don't really want to apply for a loan for the third time.
4. VINs are assigned when the vehicle has completed production and is about to head to the destination. It then takes about 2 weeks for that vehicle to arrive to the destination. So basically, once you get a VIN, you could get the car within 2-3 weeks.
I'm not super thrilled about A3, especially since many of us are expecting the car in Dec, right around the holidays. I guess it means that you shouldn't plan to take long vacations unless you're ok changing that schedule to come back for a delivery. First world problems are tough.
What's your config and order date btw? If it's a near identical order around the same order date then I guess that's 2 data points which would suggest that this date is possibly accurate. However, if your order date was, for example in July, then I don't know if mine will be pushed up, yours will be pushed out, the batch going to WA is just all consolidated somehow, or we're both doomed for another delay.Thanks for your info. I share our frustration about delays and lack of WA attention on LR orders. My EDD is similar to yours (Dec 10-30). Any feedback on Lynnwood SC location for deliveries? I was planning on picking my LR up there as it is only ~3+ miles from my home.