Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State: Model S Plaid/LR waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh to add a few more thoughts
- I had 0 problem with the stalkless-yoke. I didn't reach for stalk even once. For maybe 2 times, I glanced the turn signal button just to be sure. Now I just need a stalk to hang my face mask.
- 110v charging is... slow... HPWC installation scheduled for next week so will have to live with 1kw power for a few more days.
- AC is noisy.
- The electric sound at full throttle is louder than expected.
- Regenerative braking is very useful.
- Regarding phone-key, it'd be great if the car locks sooner when I walk away though.
- Although A5 also looks nice and drives smoothly, I'm not sure if I have any motivations to drive it now that I got used to MS. A5's interior looks ancient now... oh wow I really didn't expect to see such a big diff.

Feel free to ask any questions. I know lots of folks here have been answering questions and providing support; now it's my turn to give back.

Oh to add a few more thoughts
- I had 0 problem with the stalkless-yoke. I didn't reach for stalk even once. For maybe 2 times, I glanced the turn signal button just to be sure. Now I just need a stalk to hang my face mask.
- 110v charging is... slow... HPWC installation scheduled for next week so will have to live with 1kw power for a few more days.
- AC is noisy.
- The electric sound at full throttle is louder than expected.
- Regenerative braking is very useful.
- Regarding phone-key, it'd be great if the car locks sooner when I walk away though.
- Although A5 also looks nice and drives smoothly, I'm not sure if I have any motivations to drive it now that I got used to MS. A5's interior looks ancient now... oh wow I really didn't expect to see such a big diff.

Feel free to ask any questions. I know lots of folks here have been answering questions and providing support; now it's my turn to give back.

Congratulations on your new S! I had similar issues with my 3 and now with my S - noisy AC, hearing the electric whine when accelerating (but this is more prominent during the winter for me).

I'm curious, which tires came with your car?

Dumb question, how do I access the source code?
On the order page, you right click and click view source code. Then you can search for 5YJ or NF and that should bring it up if it's there. Also, apparently your dashboard should change from Tesla Model S to 2022 Tesla Model S when a VIN is assigned.

If you are using Chrome browser, there is a plugin called Tesla VIN decoder that does this for you.

On the order page, you right click and click view source code. Then you can search for 5YJ or NF and that should bring it up if it's there. Also, apparently your dashboard should change from Tesla Model S to 2022 Tesla Model S when a VIN is assigned.

If you are using Chrome browser, there is a plugin called Tesla VIN decoder that does this for you.
Thanks, I will check and report back!

Congratulations on your new S! I had similar issues with my 3 and now with my S - noisy AC, hearing the electric whine when accelerating (but this is more prominent during the winter for me).

I'm curious, which tires came with your car?
Thanks!!
My car came with AS tires (19’’) and all the accessories.
The electric whine is pretty cool to be honest; I test drove Taycan before and kinda liked the sound. It is still discernible at high speed (70mph) but pretty faint.

AC noise, on the other hand, is loud…

I don't know which is worse, an EDD that keeps shifting or one that is way out in the future that never moves like mine.

It will be worth the wait...I keep telling myself that. :cool:
It is worth the wait, but not for FSD , i am still waiting for FSD😢,already enrolled safety scores 99, one thing i dint like about it, when suddenly someone comes in front of you and had to hit brake a lil bit to stop, coz those taking feet away wont stop the car sometimes, there safety scores drops. Other then that no complaint.

Today is the day folks, EDD Jan 29th. I am so used to this now that it doesn't faze me anymore. Let's see what date Tesla will push me to........🧐
Hope you get a VIN, BTW what is your configuration? MY latest EDD will be coming up in 2 days, so I have the same concerns, but am somewhat hopeful for some reason that they might do something. After 14 EDD changes it is past time for something positive to happen.

Hope you get a VIN, BTW what is your configuration? MY latest EDD will be coming up in 2 days, so I have the same concerns, but am somewhat hopeful for some reason that they might do something. After 14 EDD changes it is past time for something positive to happen.
RN1152 White/white 19's FSD. Ordered in July. I feel your pain, EDD has been all over the place. Sept-Oct-Dec-Jan-now its pushing me out every 4 days.

RN1152 White/white 19's FSD. Ordered in July. I feel your pain, EDD has been all over the place. Sept-Oct-Dec-Jan-now its pushing me out every 4 days.
Someone on the other thread had pictures of his white LR. Stunningly beautiful car, and I know you will love it. My previous two MS's were Pearl White and I loved them, but wanted a change this time, but after seeing how beautiful the White LR MS is I know I would be delighted with that configuration. I have also had the same EDD date ranges. I think I would be more tolerant about the EDD changes if Tesla had been more honest at the front end, after assuring me that delivery would be forthcoming, and based on that assurance I sold my MS85D back in early August. Six months without a car has left me feeling a lot of anger toward Tesla's poor communication.

Reactions: drunkenbuda
Someone on the other thread had pictures of his white LR. Stunningly beautiful car, and I know you will love it. My previous two MS's were Pearl White and I loved them, but wanted a change this time, but after seeing how beautiful the White LR MS is I know I would be delighted with that configuration. I have also had the same EDD date ranges. I think I would be more tolerant about the EDD changes if Tesla had been more honest at the front end, after assuring me that delivery would be forthcoming, and based on that assurance I sold my MS85D back in early August. Six months without a car has left me feeling a lot of anger toward Tesla's poor communication.
Thank you! I feel you, if only Tesla would just be honest with their EDD I am fine with that. I'm also on the same boat, 6 months without a car really sucks. I've been borrowing my family vehicles and its starting to get old.