Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's insane! I hope you get your car soon! I thought my was bad lol OD 10/16 MYP White/Black no additions. EDD 12/2-12-30, 12/9-12/31, 12-29-12-31, 12/24-12/31 I'm sure tomorrow it'll switch again since today is the 24th. Hopefully we get our cars soon!!!!
Plot twist, my SA called me this morning asking if I was flexible on color and without tow hitch to take delivery sooner. I said yes, and assigned an MYP Red without tow, fresh off the factory floor and should be here by 12/28 for pick up. I got to keep my pricing from my OD and 1-year premium connectivity. Will come with all season tires too. Way to start off the Christmas weekend!

Plot twist, my SA called me this morning asking if I was flexible on color and without tow hitch to take delivery sooner. I said yes, and assigned an MYP Red without tow, fresh off the factory floor and should be here by 12/28 for pick up. I got to keep my pricing from my OD and 1-year premium connectivity. Will come with all season tires too. Way to start off the Christmas weekend!
It seems so arbitrary how these decisions are made bc it obviously isn’t by order date or area.

It seems so arbitrary how these decisions are made bc it obviously isn’t by order date or area.
Tesla just told me yesterday that they could not do this in any way at any time. If you order one build you have to take that EXACT build with no changes. Any cars not assigned would be sold as existing inventory when they arrived at the location with "no exceptions". Very excited for you Nguyenm86!

I think that it doesn't help that my SA is covering in service right now in Renton. I can't get ahold of anyone unless I go through the phone tree at the Renton location. I almost want them to move me to Bellevue or Seattle just cause it seems like you can actually get some help in those locations.

Tesla just told me yesterday that they could not do this in any way at any time. If you order one build you have to take that EXACT build with no changes. Any cars not assigned would be sold as existing inventory when they arrived at the location with "no exceptions". Very excited for you Nguyenm86!

I think that it doesn't help that my SA is covering in service right now in Renton. I can't get ahold of anyone unless I go through the phone tree at the Renton location. I almost want them to move me to Bellevue or Seattle just cause it seems like you can actually get some help in those locations.
I am using the Lynnwood location as I am on Whidbey Island

This all started because I saw a demo car available in Seattle and texted my SA, didn’t hear from him so called the Tesla support line. I talked to a rep in PNW and said that on new inventory they can remove the FSD (can’t on used inventory) to lower the price. I ended up passing on the car because it had the summer tires and wasn’t sold on the white interior. He mentioned that he would make notes in my account about my preferences and that I was flexible on build.

Today my SA ended up responding to my text saying he would look into the car and get back to me and call. I knew the car was gone but wanted to talk to him anyways. He called and said they had a red one coming out of the factory that I could receive if I was okay without tow or put me on a list for those flexible of builds and want their car sooner. I said that’s fine as long as I got to keep my order price, black interior, 1 year premium connectivity, and all season tires. Met all those requirements and said yes to taking the car.

I think the takeaway is that if you’re okay with different colors and config, there’s a list they can put you on for shorter turnaround times.

This all started because I saw a demo car available in Seattle and texted my SA, didn’t hear from him so called the Tesla support line. I talked to a rep in PNW and said that on new inventory they can remove the FSD (can’t on used inventory) to lower the price. I ended up passing on the car because it had the summer tires and wasn’t sold on the white interior. He mentioned that he would make notes in my account about my preferences and that I was flexible on build.

Today my SA ended up responding to my text saying he would look into the car and get back to me and call. I knew the car was gone but wanted to talk to him anyways. He called and said they had a red one coming out of the factory that I could receive if I was okay without tow or put me on a list for those flexible of builds and want their car sooner. I said that’s fine as long as I got to keep my order price, black interior, 1 year premium connectivity, and all season tires. Met all those requirements and said yes to taking the car.

I think the takeaway is that if you’re okay with different colors and config, there’s a list they can put you on for shorter turnaround times.
Which location?

Nice. I also called the Lynnwood location last month just inquiring about why my config kept slipping. I said the same that I would take any color/confide if my price didn’t change and the SA said he couldn’t do that and we just have to wait for mine to come through. I’m ok with it just hoped to have my car before today as I can’t pick up now till the new year

Nice. I also called the Lynnwood location last month just inquiring about why my config kept slipping. I said the same that I would take any color/confide if my price didn’t change and the SA said he couldn’t do that and we just have to wait for mine to come through. I’m ok with it just hoped to have my car before today as I can’t pick up now till the new year
You've been waiting a while too. Tesla's website is still quoting February delivery for MYP's ordered today but people who ordered in October are being pushed back to January for delivery dates. I finally did get an update on my order and was basically told that my January delivery date is "most certainly" going to be pushed back. I tried to get clarification on what that meant and was told they did not know any more information at this time but I should expect to have an updated delivery window "right after the new year" and that that window would "likely be later than my current EDD". Was originally quoted 12/28-12/31 for delivery now I am looking in February at the earliest if the SA is accurate at all.

You've been waiting a while too. Tesla's website is still quoting February delivery for MYP's ordered today but people who ordered in October are being pushed back to January for delivery dates. I finally did get an update on my order and was basically told that my January delivery date is "most certainly" going to be pushed back. I tried to get clarification on what that meant and was told they did not know any more information at this time but I should expect to have an updated delivery window "right after the new year" and that that window would "likely be later than my current EDD". Was originally quoted 12/28-12/31 for delivery now I am looking in February at the earliest if the SA is accurate at all.
I’m getting alittle frustrated. We have been down to 1 car since September when I only expected to be without for 2 months max.

I just switched my payment from loan, my credit app had expired, to cash and now my profile looks different/back to normal. If my credit app expiring is what bumped me again I am going to be pissed. I was never connected by Tesla to redo the credit app or anything. Customers should not have to watch a stupid app to make sure a company doesn’t change things like that. I am being a very patient customer I expect a bare minimum of customer support when purchasing a $70k vehicle

I just switched my payment from loan, my credit app had expired, to cash and now my profile looks different/back to normal. If my credit app expiring is what bumped me again I am going to be pissed. I was never connected by Tesla to redo the credit app or anything. Customers should not have to watch a stupid app to make sure a company doesn’t change things like that. I am being a very patient customer I expect a bare minimum of customer support when purchasing a $70k vehicle
That would be frustrating... I selected cash and wasn't going to apply for the loan until delivery day is scheduled based on a lot of posts here indicating delays put them in a similar predicament to yours. An extra hard credit pull or even two isn't going to negatively impact most people financing a 70k car I'd reckon but it is annoying.