Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh sounds like the latest batch all has them maybe?
I did see a few at Fife with the Pirellis. This was the only thing I was concerned about since I ordered the car. The other new stuff that evolved during my wait was cool but not a concern if the car had these things or not. But the right tires are very important around here and I wanted to be able to drive it safely more than four months out of the year. It's crazy that Tesla has these tire options without the ability to choose. It was just luck of the draw that I got the tires I wanted. It should not be a matter of luck.

I did see a few at Fife with the Pirellis. This was the only thing I was concerned about since I ordered the car. The other new stuff that evolved during my wait was cool but not a concern if the car had these things or not. But the right tires are very important around here and I wanted to be able to drive it safely more than four months out of the year. It's crazy that Tesla has these tire options without the ability to choose. It was just luck of the draw that I got the tires I wanted. It should not be a matter of luck.
hmmmm, this get me worried. I guess I will find out next week when I take the delivery

Then they bullshitted me :(, I was told it depended on the time of the year it’s delivered. Winter you get AS and summer you get summer.

they bullshitted me
That's what they do. Few, if any, have any real information. I was told on March 5th that the performance Y comes with summer tires, most likely Pirelli. They had no knowledge that Michelin A/S had been an available option since December 2021.

The list of B/S and disinformation I have experienced is too long to list.

I have learned not to believe anything that any SA tells me. I am a slow learner so just imagine how much repetition this learning experience required.

Congrats!! How was the home delivery experience?
Eh nothing special but the Tesla rep was knowledgeable and easy going. We signed a few papers, confirmed everything was working, and then she Uber’d back to the shop. The only real advantage is you don’t have to drive a car or figure out transportation to the delivery center. My new Tesla was still driven to my home so it wasn’t flat bedded over or anything.

Reactions: mxp18
After spending a little time driving around my new MYP with summer Pirellis, I have no clue what people are talking about regarding stiff or uncomfortable ride quality. It rides and drives like a dream! I’m coming from an M3 and X3M Competition and those have stiff jarring suspension. The MYP is sooooo comfortable compared to those. Also have a 2020 M340i which is “soft” and the MYP feels similar which is sporty but very comfortable.

Reactions: mxp18 and MyMYLRnw
Eh nothing special but the Tesla rep was knowledgeable and easy going. We signed a few papers, confirmed everything was working, and then she Uber’d back to the shop. The only real advantage is you don’t have to drive a car or figure out transportation to the delivery center. My new Tesla was still driven to my home so it wasn’t flat bedded over or anything.
Yes that is convenient. Did you get enough time to inspect the car with home delivery?

I have no clue what people are talking about regarding stiff or uncomfortable ride quality.
I don't either. You need a firm suspension in a performance vehicle for stability and handling. This is firm but surprisingly comfortable and not jarring or rough at all. I also find that the road handling really excellent. The front/rear weight balance and low center of gravity take it to another level for me. I gotta say, this MYP handles better then my Shelby GT500 did and is way faster too. And a better ride quality. Much less road noise than I expected too. All around, exceeding my expectations at every level. I miss the sound of the engine but I'll get over it. The audio system in the MYP is impressive. I can always play some recorded engine sounds. 😆

Reactions: MyMYLRnw
I don't either. You need a firm suspension in a performance vehicle for stability and handling. This is firm but surprisingly comfortable and not jarring or rough at all. I also find that the road handling really excellent. The front/rear weight balance and low center of gravity take it to another level for me. I gotta say, this MYP handles better then my Shelby GT500 did and is way faster too. And a better ride quality. Much less road noise than I expected too. All around, exceeding my expectations at every level. I miss the sound of the engine but I'll get over it. The audio system in the MYP is impressive. I can always play some recorded engine sounds. 😆
I did a lot more driving today and totally agree. I’m very very impressed.

Got a father's day present from Elon today, a VIN! 4858xx. Not sure why were keeping the last two numbers secret, but I will comply. Delivery EDD is now this week !
Congrats.
I was assigned F4885xx on 6/14, picking up on 6/23.
OD 11/03/21
MYLR5 Red/Black, 19", no tow, no FSD
Congrats guys on VIN’s…. I think I am being pushed to next quarter… SA response to no VIN…
Hi Robert, it looks like your current estimate is still June 20-July 4, you'll most likely get assigned a VIN in that window and then expect delivery a few days after that.