Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 6/18 order had an EDD holding steady for about 2 weeks at 9/2-9/22. Just checked today and it was pushed to 9/11-9/28. Honestly, I just want it to get it pushed to October to get a 2022 model at this point since I've now officially missed my window to not have to renew my tabs. $1000 down the drain since WA state doesn't refund tabs like almost every state so may as well get a little more time out of them.

Reactions: dyau
My 6/18 order had an EDD holding steady for about 2 weeks at 9/2-9/22. Just checked today and it was pushed to 9/11-9/28. Honestly, I just want it to get it pushed to October to get a 2022 model at this point since I've now officially missed my window to not have to renew my tabs. $1000 down the drain since WA state doesn't refund tabs like almost every state so may as well get a little more time out of them.
Just don’t renewal tags…

Hello all! I'm new to the MY forum. I recently took delivery of a MS Plaid (see avatar), and decided to go all electric and replace my CrossTrek with a Model Y performance last night (8/28/21). I was shocked that the EED was "4-5 weeks," pretty much for all MYP configurations. I looked at the LR and all were "January". Any thoughts on why this is the case, other than Tesla dedicating the Freemont line to higher margin MYPs until the end of the quarter, when it retools? I searched around but couldn't find anything definitive about the MYs produced in Austin early on (like January) and how they "might" differ from those currently being produced in Freemont (Only much speculation). The new battery and front casting will not likely arrive until sometime later than 1Q22, so what will the 1Q22 Austin built MYs be like? Thoughts on this and current MYP flow time from order delivery? Lastly, what VIN range (last six) are currently being "born"?

Last edited:
I hear you. For $1K, I would try to push it out. Worse case, you can go in and register.

BTW, why are your tags $1K?
I have a Model 3 and and live in Seattle where we pay a massive RTA tax to support public transportation expansion. I was car-less for 11 years and used public trans. to get everywhere (not in Seattle) so I don't have an issue with the cause but the 20 year timeline is painful. Also, the fact that WA doesn't allow prorated refunds on registrations or transfers is really annoying.

I have a Model 3 and and live in Seattle where we pay a massive RTA tax to support public transportation expansion. I was car-less for 11 years and used public trans. to get everywhere (not in Seattle) so I don't have an issue with the cause but the 20 year timeline is painful. Also, the fact that WA doesn't allow prorated refunds on registrations or transfers is really annoying.
I don’t believe we have RTA here in Vancouver, WA. Thanks for sharing!

Hello all! I will be getting my MYP in a few weeks and will be looking to sell the performance 21" UberTurbine wheels, tires and sensors, straight off the car at delivery. Asking $3700 for them as delivered from Tesla. Tesla sells the smaller 20" Induction set for $4500, as a reference point. Local pickup (will not ship). If you are interested, please DM/PM me.

Hello all! I will be getting my MYP in a few weeks and will be looking to sell the performance 21" UberTurbine wheels, tires and sensors, straight off the car at delivery. Asking $3700 for them as delivered from Tesla. Tesla sells the smaller 20" Induction set for $4500, as a reference point. Local pickup (will not ship). If you are interested, please DM/PM me.
What are you switching to?

Reactions: jebinc
I recall someone said the smaller wheels have better mileage. What’s your motivation for the change?
@danielshue A four reasons.

1. Looking for All Season, not summer tires
2. There doesn't yet exist a quiet A/S tire for the 21s
3. Ride comfort (taller sidewall)
4. Efficiency and range improvements

I don't yet have my MYP, but it looks like I will have it by 9/14.

@danielshue A four reasons.

1. Looking for All Season, not summer tires
2. There doesn't yet exist a quiet A/S tire for the 21s
3. Ride comfort (taller sidewall)
4. Efficiency and range improvements

I don't yet have my MYP, but it looks like I will have it by 9/14.
Funny, I'm doing the same thing. Bought a set of 19" TSVs along with a set of Pilot Sport A/S 4s from Costco. Seattle streets on 35 tires would be hell

Reactions: danielshue
Because I spend so much time checking my order, I noticed that Tesla is charging a higher sales tax than expected (perhaps including Registration and RTA fee?).

The total "car price" is $54,790 and the Bellevue car sales tax rate is 10.4%. Therefore, the sales tax should be $5698.16 but instead is showing as $5,780.35. Once I added the Registration and RTA fee to the car price, the sales tax brings it up to a total of $61,290.49 which still doesn't line up with the cost they show ($61,297.10).

What I am missing in this calculation?

1630387804289.png

Oh wow I was wondering what I had waiting for me when my first year of ownership came around. The up front costs only show these amounts so I figured this is what it’d be going forward. $1k sounds insanely high!

Registration Amount $159.75
RTA County Fee $583.00