Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled for (eventual) delivery at Bellevue and just got this text this morning. Uh, should I be worried…

Attachments

• 8C9C82C3-BF8E-4073-A605-2878BA0ECC9D.png
    8C9C82C3-BF8E-4073-A605-2878BA0ECC9D.png
    518 KB · Views: 69
  • Funny
Reactions: TKai
@PNWLeccy if they're expecting you to pick up NJ, then I'd say yes you should! Probably a simple mix-up, but I'd definitely want to follow-up on that if I were you....
Yea, I thought everyone must've received this in some accidental text blast but haven’t seen anyone else get this locally. I’d gladly take delivery in NJ if it meant I could receive all of their tax incentives but that’s not how this works haha

Yea, I thought everyone must've received this in some accidental text blast but haven’t seen anyone else get this locally. I’d gladly take delivery in NJ if it meant I could receive all of their tax incentives but that’s not how this works haha

@PNWLeccy as @goodspellar [love the name by the way] pointed out, it would be one heck of a road trip! A great way to get to know your new Y for sure... [though from your sig, you obviously have plenty of relevant Tesla experience so the learning curve should be pretty minimal]

@PNWLeccy as @goodspellar [love the name by the way] pointed out, it would be one heck of a road trip! A great way to get to know your new Y for sure... [though from your sig, you obviously have plenty of relevant Tesla experience so the learning curve should be pretty minimal]
Yea, I have taken many west coast road trips in the Model 3 but have been dying to do a cross country trip.

I actually ordered a MYSR from inventory in June but since it was the end of the quarter they were only allowing local pickup. The car was located in Paramus, NJ (recently destroyed by Hurricane Ida remnants) and I figured it would be a fun trip back. Also since I’m a bit of an EV nerd, I thought it would be a nice challenge in the SR compared to my current LR. Unfortunately, I had to pick it up within 3 days and the timing didn’t work out so I had to release it. BUT…I think I may be on some NJ SC list still if I got this text.

I'm about to order my wall charger, and noticed that there's apparently sales tax exemption in WA for: "tangible personal property that will become a component of battery or fuel cell electric vehicle infrastructure during the course of installing, constructing, repairing, or improving battery or fuel cell electric vehicle infrastructure." (info). I'm assuming this includes home chargers (other sites suggest that it does), but correct me if that's not the case.

According to the linked page, the process to have the sales tax waived is to file an exemption certificate with the seller, but there's no facility for doing that on the online store. Assuming the wall charger qualifies, Is this something my SA can handle?

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
I'm about to order my wall charger, and noticed that there's apparently sales tax exemption in WA for: "tangible personal property that will become a component of battery or fuel cell electric vehicle infrastructure during the course of installing, constructing, repairing, or improving battery or fuel cell electric vehicle infrastructure." (info). I'm assuming this includes home chargers (other sites suggest that it does), but correct me if that's not the case.

According to the linked page, the process to have the sales tax waived is to file an exemption certificate with the seller, but there's no facility for doing that on the online store. Assuming the wall charger qualifies, Is this something my SA can handle?
Can it be filed after the purchase?