Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We officially have a vin— 55***. I reached out to me SA for additional clarity/visibility and/or timing and she said “Great! Within the next 8 days. Watch for an automated text message asking you to schedule yourself for delivery.” Such a low level of info and customer service. Can’t wait to move past the sales experience—one step closer.

Yay for you! I reached out to my SA today but all she could tell me was "your vehicle is being built and looking closer to end of the month". But still no VIN or MVPA

Does anyone have plans to deal with a rainy delivery? We're having it delivered on Thursday which is likely to be rather wet. Adds to the tension, but I'm planning to have my microfiber towels ready, and pull it into the garage and dry it off so I can more easily see if there are any paint defects. Possibly hose it down first if it arrives muddy. Outside of paint and alignment issues, I'm optimistic that service will fix anything that isn't working, so I'm mostly concerned with the cosmetic things on delivery that might be considered by Tesla to be "in spec" but that we don't agree is acceptable.

Glad to see so much movement on everyone’s orders! My order was 8/17 and still waiting for a delivery text or VIN. My Tesla account did update today asking for final payment though lol.

Does anyone have experience with doing payment with carrier delivery? I’m paying cash, but I’m a bit hesitant to transfer funds before I even have a ViN or delivery date...

I hope yours, and other Seattle area deliveries, have great timing. The Seattle 7 day forecast has me a bit concerned. As far as I know, the delivery centers don't have indoor space either so perhaps no matter what you are likely to be out in the rain. At least we will know how they look in their "native habitat".

oh yeah, I totally forgot to check the weather and damn it is going to be rainy! I got my garage cleaned out in anticipation of this baby - so will probably just pull the Tesla in there for detailed inspection upon delivery. Shouldn’t be bad under goos lighting and yes have those microfiber towels ready too.

I took delivery of my car today. After doing several passes all around and in the car, I noticed only 3 issues. 1) Top edge of windshield is chipped but is not major but will report it, 2) Back left seat isn't completely in line with the other section, but I only noticed because others people have reported issues with that, and 3) back right bumper panel was slightly sticking out further than panel above and it's obvious it is due to either a plastic latch not latching or a minor adhesive issue.

Overall it is a great car and the issues are minor. Will keep an eye out for any things I missed for next few days

Glad to see so much movement on everyone’s orders! My order was 8/17 and still waiting for a delivery text or VIN. My Tesla account did update today asking for final payment though lol.

Does anyone have experience with doing payment with carrier delivery? I’m paying cash, but I’m a bit hesitant to transfer funds before I even have a ViN or delivery date...
I will have my MY delivered in about 3-4 hours via carrier. I had to pay last Thursday and they arranged a carrier by Monday who picked it up yesterday. It is a little nerve wracking to hand over so much cash before actually seeing the car. Fortunately another member went by Bellevue and took a few pics. That helped ease the tension considerably.. I’ll keep you updated once I get the vehicle.

I will have my MY delivered in about 3-4 hours via carrier. I had to pay last Thursday and they arranged a carrier by Monday who picked it up yesterday. It is a little nerve wracking to hand over so much cash before actually seeing the car. Fortunately another member went by Bellevue and took a few pics. That helped ease the tension considerably.. I’ll keep you updated once I get the vehicle.
Thanks! Did you have a VIN when you paid? Hoping this network issue going on with Tesla doesn’t impact your delivery! Exciting day.

My order was 8/5 and I'm also still waiting for a delivery text or VIN, I didnt get the automated 3-8 days text either

Reactions: OMGPanelGaps
Seems like the arrival of the VIN sets the clock. Per the sales rep today, they are trying to push for a bunch of deliveries by end of Sept. I ordered 9/10, got a delivery text 9/17 saying 9-13 days. No VIN. After VIN, it should be 7-8 days depending on where you are located for the car to get to you.

Welp. Unsure if I'll be taking delivery today. Service center is saying the key cards that came with the car have gone missing, and since the Tesla network is down, they can't activate new keys. And without keys, they can't activate the car for delivery. We're grabbing lunch nearby and will head back to the SC after. I really hope the network comes back on soon.

Welp. Unsure if I'll be taking delivery today. Service center is saying the key cards that came with the car have gone missing, and since the Tesla network is down, they can't activate new keys. And without keys, they can't activate the car for delivery. We're grabbing lunch nearby and will head back to the SC after. I really hope the network comes back on soon.

oh no, hopefully they figure it out :( Fingers crossed for you