Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Emailed my SA about payment being finalized and asked for better confirmation on when i could pick up and she has me scheduled as early as Friday for pick up. Said the car is coming in on a truck now and should be here Thursday. So i anticipate a bunch of deliveries on that truck as well.

Well today while taking a small break from work, I refreshed the existing inventory and popped up was a white/white MYP with 353 miles. Without even thinking I decided to snatch it up. Turns out it was a demo for Bellevue Square, I did a quick drive by and there it was in the parking garage. Condition looked pretty good to me with exception of small curb rash on one wheel. I wonder if they would fix that or anyone have any experience on what they actually would fix on these demo cars, or if they are ”as is?” I haven’t cancelled my original order as I am still undecided on what to do. But man that MYP sure is nice, worst case I’m out the $100.

Well today while taking a small break from work, I refreshed the existing inventory and popped up was a white/white MYP with 353 miles. Without even thinking I decided to snatch it up. Turns out it was a demo for Bellevue Square, I did a quick drive by and there it was in the parking garage. Condition looked pretty good to me with exception of small curb rash on one wheel. I wonder if they would fix that or anyone have any experience on what they actually would fix on these demo cars, or if they are ”as is?” I haven’t cancelled my original order as I am still undecided on what to do. But man that MYP sure is nice, worst case I’m out the $100.
Did you check Tesla's Inventory page or did you use one the 3rd party aggregators?

I actually just got an email back from my SA answering the same question re: Demos. According to him, any curb rash would be sold As-Is on demo vehicles and are only being discounted by a few hundred dollars so he suggested it's not a great idea. I'm not sure if I should take that with a grain of salt as I ordered a used model 3 from Tesla 2 years ago and it was pristine.

Did you check Tesla's Inventory page or did you use one the 3rd party aggregators?

I actually just got an email back from my SA answering the same question re: Demos. According to him, any curb rash would be sold As-Is on demo vehicles and are only being discounted by a few hundred dollars so he suggested it's not a great idea. I'm not sure if I should take that with a grain of salt as I ordered a used model 3 from Tesla 2 years ago and it was pristine.
I was on Tesla‘s inventory page. Just happened to have good timing I guess.

Just did the same and there were 4 Model Y in Seattle area available. (now 3)

I just picked up a LRMY, white/black, 21”, 5 seat, tow, no FSD, performance and canceled my order from 05/03. Got the VIN number already.
Awesome! I’m still unsure about keeping the performance and if it’s really worth the extra $10k. I went to Bellevue square last night and was able to walk around the car and look at the interior. It’s in good shape, just needs cleaning of course. The curb rash on one wheel is a turn off but I know it’s an easy fix. But still a little uneasy not knowing how those first 350 miles were driven. They are letting me test drive it today so we shall see.