Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who finance their tesla via third-party bank/credit union, did that delay the EDD comparing to using cash or financing via Tesla's first-party bank? I ordered my MY (all default config except the 20" induction wheels) on 5/18 and still haven't got a VIN. EED right now is Sept 11-30

For those who finance their tesla via third-party bank/credit union, did that delay the EDD comparing to using cash or financing via Tesla's first-party bank? I ordered my MY (all default config except the 20" induction wheels) on 5/18 and still haven't got a VIN. EED right now is Sept 11-30
I have cash as my payment and my EDD is Oct 11th- Nov 1st ordered May 6th..:(

My guess is its all the usual location, options, paint color but then the added pain of standard parts shortages as they recently sighted abs/seatbelt modules in Q2 meeting, and issues with Bosch, Renesas as stated
I've learned to just ignore the date and wait for a text message. Meanwhile the used car market is so hot I got a higher offer from Carvana than I listed the car for on Autotrader so I'm happy about that!

My shower remodel has gone on now for 3 months. Tile sold out, now granite can't get cut due to guys getting COVID so thats pushed out to late Aug. Then a glass order after its tiled is still 5-6weeks out. So my shower might be usable by October too.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm getting my VIN today. 245XX

They asked for my ACH payment. I'm financing roughy 50% so I assume thats the next bit. Based on some other info online I expected that at time of delivery, but I guess they do that sooner now.

I never was assigned at Delivery Advisor so not sure if they reach out at some pointl.

Last edited:
Ok, sorted out some of the missing things. The Documents section (lower right corner of the website) gives you a MVPA for the finance institution. Associate told me it was in a ’glovebox’ section of the website, but I didn’t see this on the site and I didn’t know what a Mvpa was on that list. If that helps anyone that went with self-financed. I also had to re-do the initial pre-approval since it was over 30 days.
Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (Mvpa), also got wire info for the financier to smooth that out vs picking up a check myself.

This applies to the tesla wall connector too? PSE and PUD both don't list tesla as a qualified rebate.
I'll let you know how it goes. Originally in January I chatted with them and they told me to submit it once I get the car. They wanted to come out and spot my service before I plug it in. We shall see. Your right though I deep dived PSE and some others around and it looks like its all energy star J1772 types.