Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that rebate from your power company or IRS? Assuming it's from your power company, which one is it? Thanks!
The Federal Wall Charger Tax credit was on form 8911. I was able to do that via TurboTax. My understanding is its still active, but at the time it was set to expire 12/20 so I rolled the dice and got mine in December so I didn't miss out.

Power company can offer EV related rebates depending. That requires a deep dive as previously stated by others. When I called PUD its highly possible they didn't understand Tesla, but I'll be asking. Some googling around Tax Credits & Rebates | Residential | Snohomish County PUD with as previously called out "qualifying Level 2 chargers" which per the list I can find https://www.snopud.com/Site/Content/Documents/energysvcs/evchargers_qpl.pdf
This link has some pointed text at Tesla and why its not qualified.

Reactions: danielshue
The Federal Wall Charger Tax credit was on form 8911. I was able to do that via TurboTax. My understanding is its still active, but at the time it was set to expire 12/20 so I rolled the dice and got mine in December so I didn't miss out.

Power company can offer EV related rebates depending. That requires a deep dive as previously stated by others. When I called PUD its highly possible they didn't understand Tesla, but I'll be asking. Some googling around Tax Credits & Rebates | Residential | Snohomish County PUD with as previously called out "qualifying Level 2 chargers" which per the list I can find https://www.snopud.com/Site/Content/Documents/energysvcs/evchargers_qpl.pdf
This link has some pointed text at Tesla and why its not qualified.
Man that would be awesome if Gen 3 qualified but I spoke with snopud and they said the Gen 3 currently does. It qualify for any rebates. Damn.

Man that would be awesome if Gen 3 qualified but I spoke with snopud and they said the Gen 3 currently does. It qualify for any rebates. Damn.
I think with the 8911 rebate; the charger was around $543 with tax, then ~$163 off, for a total of $377.
I looked at other wall chargers and they were a bit pricy too. And you'd have to use the adaptor or buy a 2nd one so you don't forget it at home.
Trying to get the option to maximize charge rate for future battery density and enough cord to reach 2 cars in the garage. But a full $500 rebate on other qualified brands may take the sting off the $.

In other news: when using 3rd Party financing and wrapping it all up Friday, getting a date for pickup, and then panicking that the bank wired the $ to Tesla before your appointment almost as exciting as watching the EDD bounce around :). Think my finance guy had the day off yesterday, so here is hoping they get back to me soon so I don't have to reschedule.

Last edited:
I think with the 8911 rebate; the charger was around $543 with tax, then ~$163 off, for a total of $377.
I looked at other wall chargers and they were a bit pricy too. And you'd have to use the adaptor or buy a 2nd one so you don't forget it at home.
Trying to get the option to maximize charge rate for future battery density and enough cord to reach 2 cars in the garage. But a full $500 rebate on other qualified brands may take the sting off the $.

In other news: when using 3rd Party financing and wrapping it all up Friday, getting a date for pickup, and then panicking that the bank wired the $ to Tesla before your appointment almost as exciting as watching the EDD bounce around :). Think my finance guy had the day off yesterday, so here is hoping they get back to me soon so I don't have to reschedule.
Im very interested to see how the wire timing goes vs the actual delivery. I'm paying all cash. Keep us posted!

Bank didn't wire so I had to pick up a check on the way. I made the other payment thru Tesla. They made that super easy. They use Plaid which let me just pick the bank, login and execute the transfer.

Renton was a beehive when I went to pickup, but they got us right in. Car had 2 mi on it, totally flawless. Just had some left over paint protection film on the back bumper that looked like it got a scuff. What a relief when he pealed it off and it was tape. 174mi charge, and they walk you thru all the settings, key phone etc. It's a bit to absorb but the UI was fairly intuitive. This was literally my first drive as I had only taken rides with friends that had Model 3 or Model S so was just blown away. Exceeded all my observations. Seats were like soft marshmallows. Acceleration was strong, and I've had a Camaro 2SS lease for 3 years.

Got home, tossed in all my all weather mats, and pulled it in to check how my charger would do. I backed it down to 32A as I wanted to play it safe to start. 100 miles were left for range so that all synced up. I know some use % vs mi but this seemed accurate for now. It charged at 28mi per hour. Checked all my breakers, and monitored things and it was good. I did see the breaker for the wall charger was warmer than the others by 4 degrees. It said it would be done in 3'ish hours so I backed the car off to 20A so I could go to bed. Wrapped up in 4 hours setting it to about 60% charge limit.

Jealous of anyone about to pickup. Absolutely amazing.
Car came with mud flaps, but I do not see PPF on the rear panels. Not a huge deal but I do have a gravel drive way. Car comes with 128GB USB stick for Sentry mode / pictures.

Speaking of some pics -

ModelYPUD.png

ModelYFlaps.png

ModelYCharge.png

ModelYCargo.png

I'll wait until it warms up later. Have a Tesmanian flat black spoiler to install.

I did try to log into Netflix and Hulu while I was watching the charge but that kept saying my accounts password were wrong. I'll research that later.

Last edited:
Folow up on Power company rebate -
If you go with a L&I permit they can rebate on labor but it is some hoops to jump thru. I bypassed this since I already had a NEMA outlet converting to the Tesla Wall Charger, but they can possibly offer a rebate to you if you have to have line ran/installed and you do it thru a licensed electrician.

Bank didn't wire so I had to pick up a check on the way. I made the other payment thru Tesla. They made that super easy. They use Plaid which let me just pick the bank, login and execute the transfer.

Renton was a beehive when I went to pickup, but they got us right in. Car had 2 mi on it, totally flawless. Just had some left over paint protection film on the back bumper that looked like it got a scuff. What a relief when he pealed it off and it was tape. 174mi charge, and they walk you thru all the settings, key phone etc. It's a bit to absorb but the UI was fairly intuitive. This was literally my first drive as I had only taken rides with friends that had Model 3 or Model S so was just blown away. Exceeded all my observations. Seats were like soft marshmallows. Acceleration was strong, and I've had a Camaro 2SS lease for 3 years.

Got home, tossed in all my all weather mats, and pulled it in to check how my charger would do. I backed it down to 32A as I wanted to play it safe to start. 100 miles were left for range so that all synced up. I know some use % vs mi but this seemed accurate for now. It charged at 28mi per hour. Checked all my breakers, and monitored things and it was good. I did see the breaker for the wall charger was warmer than the others by 4 degrees. It said it would be done in 3'ish hours so I backed the car off to 20A so I could go to bed. Wrapped up in 4 hours setting it to about 60% charge limit.

Car came with mud flaps, but I do not see PPF on the rear panels. Not a huge deal but I do have a gravel drive way. Car comes with 128GB USB stick for Sentry mode / pictures.

Speaking of some pics -

ModelYPUD.png

ModelYFlaps.png

ModelYCharge.png

ModelYCargo.png

I'll wait until it warms up later. Have a Tesmanian flat black spoiler to install.

I did try to log into Netflix and Hulu while I was watching the charge but that kept saying my accounts password were wrong. I'll research that later.
Awesome feedback, especially since I'll be picking up at Renton as well. Thank you for the report!

Reactions: mstatkus

Speaking of some pics -

ModelYPUD.png

ModelYFlaps.png

ModelYCharge.png

ModelYCargo.png

Looks super nice! Which all weather mats are those?

Speaking of some pics -

ModelYPUD.png

ModelYFlaps.png

ModelYCharge.png

ModelYCargo.png

Great feedback and photos! I have the Tesmanian floor mats and liners, including rear seat, waiting for my ride. I have an English Cream golden retriever, who sheds like crazy so so the rear seat covers are a must. Congrats on your car!!

Reactions: mstatkus
Couple tips I found after getting the Y home -
Hulu - reCaptcha loop logging in. I found it better to hit the enter key on the keypad than tapping the Login button. Don’t fall victim to this — its like playing a matching game from 1995 for 10 minutes with no outcome.
Netflix - 1st time didn’t let me log in, second time it did. Possibly was same issue.

Charging - I actually lowered the cars Amp intake to 20A off my v3 Wall Charger; since by the time I got home I still had 100mi charge and I didn’t need ~44mi per hour at 48A. Could probably take it even lower for just daily re-charge since it did 100 mi in less than 4hrs at that speed.
Was happy to see the whole system work. But I’ll re-iterate for anyone having a charging system installed by a licensed electrician — the power company may rebate the materials and labor so consult your power company up to a certain amount. The hoop to jump thru is a L&I Permit.

Because I do a bit of gravel to pavement I’m getting some side rocker paint protection film. I did not see evidence of this on the car’s lower rear fender. And shortly after realizing we may drive to Eastern WA here soon I opted to also get PPF for the front of the car just to cope with WA freeways and rocks etc. I’ll let you know how that goes.

On Thursday we received the VIN and notice that our MYLR white/white 5 seater will be delivered 9/1 to 9/4 to Spokane. Completed insurance and updated loan info. Now just waiting on final date and document review. Ordered 5/26. All accessories have been received (maxpyder floor mats, screen cover, cup holder, valet card, and storage tray) and my wall charger installed. Watched all videos. We’ve done our part just waiting on Tesla!

Reactions: danielshue
Hurray! Finally someone with some good news! Congratulations!
On Thursday we received the VIN and notice that our MYLR white/white 5 seater will be delivered 9/1 to 9/4 to Spokane. Completed insurance and updated loan info. Now just waiting on final date and document review. Ordered 5/26. All accessories have been received (maxpyder floor mats, screen cover, cup holder, valet card, and storage tray) and my wall charger installed. Watched all videos. We’ve done our part just waiting on Tesla