Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, my MYP delivery was scheduled for 5pm, but I received a call at 11:30am asking if I would be interested in having the car dropped off in my driveway, and the trade driven away. Since I had already inspected the car yesterday, after stalking the delivery center, I said, "Sure!" since I pointed out items to be taken care o yesterday. It arrived at 12:30pm and all went smoothly. My car came with flaps and rear door PPF as Seattle region is considered as a region to recieve these items for free. No, my $150k+ Plaid came with nothing of the sort....

I just finished washing and clay barring it, in prep for me applying three coats of CarPros cQuartz 3.0 UK version over the next two days (curing between coats). If anyone is interested in pictures, ask and I can provide them after detailing on Monday. Tuesday, mobile service will install the Homelink module. What's interesting is on the Plaid, when I try to schedule service, it's weeks out.... Hmmmmm.

The home delivery person was very knowledgeable, and even shared an email received by all employees - from Elon. In summary, employees were told Tesla first focused on getting the Tech right (well, still think they have room to improve there; maybe he meant engineering?), and now the push will be Lexus/MB like quality. Elon will be personally inspecting, randomly, vehicles coming off the various lines over the next 12 months. Kind of late for my MY and Plaid, but thought I would share. @WilliamG

Well, my MYP delivery was scheduled for 5pm, but I received a call at 11:30am asking if I would be interested in having the car dropped off in my driveway, and the trade driven away. Since I had already inspected the car yesterday, after stalking the delivery center, I said, "Sure!" since I pointed out items to be taken care o yesterday. It arrived at 12:30pm and all went smoothly. My car came with flaps and rear door PPF as Seattle region is considered as a region to recieve these items for free. No, my $150k+ Plaid came with nothing of the sort....

I just finished washing and clay barring it, in prep for me applying three coats of CarPros cQuartz 3.0 UK version over the next two days (curing between coats). If anyone is interested in pictures, ask and I can provide them after detailing on Monday. Tuesday, mobile service will install the Homelink module. What's interesting is on the Plaid, when I try to schedule service, it's weeks out.... Hmmmmm.

The home delivery person was very knowledgeable, and even shared an email received by all employees - from Elon. In summary, employees were told Tesla first focused on getting the Tech right (well, still think they have room to improve there; maybe he meant engineering?), and now the push will be Lexus/MB like quality. Elon will be personally inspecting, randomly, vehicles coming off the various lines over the next 12 months. Kind of late for my MY and Plaid, but thought I would share. @WilliamG
Update: Got the first coat of ceramic on it. Went quicker than the Plaid. I believe the Multicoat Pearl white paint is thicker and has more clear coat than the MSM on my Plaid.... Coating went on like a breeze - about an hour total, including all glass! Installed 3D floor mats, trunk liner, console tray, cleaned all interior glass surfaces, and popped in the cup holder center wedge. More tomorrow.

Haven't pulled the 21" Ubers yet, as I would at least like to take it for a ride to compare the difference, noise wise. No bites on the OfferUp/Craigslist listings as of yet... @WilliamG

I'm planning on selling my car to pay for a chunk of my MYLR. My problem is that my tabs are set to expire at the end of this month. Carmax is giving me the highest offer but they say my registration has to be current. Does anyone know if they'll go by the expiration date on my renewal docs or will they tell me I need to renew through September 2022? I would like to avoid paying tabs for just 3 or 4 months.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
I'm planning on selling my car to pay for a chunk of my MYLR. My problem is that my tabs are set to expire at the end of this month. Carmax is giving me the highest offer but they say my registration has to be current. Does anyone know if they'll go by the expiration date on my renewal docs or will they tell me I need to renew through September 2022? I would like to avoid paying tabs for just 3 or 4 months.
Wouldn’t we all, but sometimes it just doesn’t work out that way. I just traded two cars whose 2022 tabs are August and June.

Reactions: K-Fresh
Nice! Was your review docs butting active? Mine was not. Paying cash for my car so maybe just waiting for final price one the trade in is factored in. Will be interesting to see if my trade value changes.
Yes, my review documents button was active. I am paying cash without a trade-in.

Curious for folks - how does delivery work if you want to pay with a cashier's check rather than pay in advance. I want to do this 1. because of the unlikely possibility that I need to reject delivery 2. I saw stories online of Tesla charging twice for a car through online transfers and the nightmare hassle of getting them to reverse charges.

Will they schedule delivery without advance payment? Thanks!

Reactions: K-Fresh