Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did try that early on and SA said it will come off when the review documents thing becomes available. Did you have to call after the big blue button was usable?
They take off after the delivery date is set. If for any reason the delivery date changes, the system automatically puts RTA back on! I had to do the dance several times with both the Plaid and MYP.

Reactions: paramer
Did you get the 24ft version? Install cost for me ended up being 750 which I think is pretty reasonable? At least it works....
The day my 18' charger shipped, they had the 24' on the website. When it arrived, I sort of put it place and pulled the cable to about where the charge port would be. It was doable, but I didn't want to have to worry about lining the car up perfectly every time. I sent it back and ordered the 24'. My install was a bit involved. Had to bring the wires out from the breaker in the basement through a buried conduit out to our parking space off our alley (old house, no garage). The outdoor setup is the reason I went with the Wall Connector over an outlet.

Reactions: atr0phied
Slightly frustrating, my Wall Connector was supposed to arrive last Saturday but got hung up in the Troutdale, OR FedEx black hole that has well-earned dedicated reddit threads and rant websites created in its dishonor. All of the wiring has been roughed in, but I am anxious since I have exposed wires sitting outside waiting to be connected (breaker is off). Charging might be tricky for the next few days...
Sorry to hear that... Wanna come and use mine since I have the wall charger all installed but no car yet .... LOL

• Funny
Reactions: GoRun26 and jebinc
I accepted delivery! I did a pretty decent walkaround the exterior before accepting. Panel gaps looked good as did most everything else. A few small issues that I will submit a ticket for. But nothing major. Took a quick drive around before getting back to work. Here are pics of the issues so far:
IMG_4909.jpgpassenger side headlight sitting a little proud

IMG_4910.jpgIMG_4911.jpgtrim around wheel wells on passenger side not tight enough

IMG_4912.jpgrear door sticking out slightly from front door

Overall very happy so far.

For those picking up today, take advantage of the sun while we have it. I looked at mine in the sun and discovered a small dent on the door. Looked over the video I took before I took delivery, and found it to be there as well.. Great.
"Paintless dent repair" - All car places have some person that comes around a couple of times a week taking dents out of trades and new cars. Ask your SC about it. Should be covered, but if it's not, a small dent runs about $100 to get removed and you would never know.

Reactions: GoRun26
@acat I had a home delivery and a trade. Went super quick. They arrive with your car, you inspect and pay, they leave in the trade. Really convenient, actually.
Wow, how did you get home delivery?
Call Tesla, request it removed.
I think you're a fellow Covington resident If I recall correctly? So we shouldn't have to pay the RTA tax?

Reactions: jebinc
Wow, how did you get home delivery?

I think you're a fellow Covington resident If I recall correctly? So we shouldn't have to pay the RTA tax?
@GroovaEV Yeah, Covington/Maple Valley area. Renton just offered it instead of my 5pm pickup. I jumped at it. You can also ask. Renton offered when I took delivery of my Plaid as well, but on that one, I declined and just went down and drove it home myself!

"Paintless dent repair" - All car places have some person that comes around a couple of times a week taking dents out of trades and new cars. Ask your SC about it. Should be covered, but if it's not, a small dent runs about $100 to get removed and you would never know.
Yeah, I would imagine they would cover it since it's within the 72 hrs and it's documented prior to delivery--I'd be very surprised if it wasn't. I have already created a service appointment for it with the additional items, so we'll see!

What’s up guys, I ordered on 4/28 and I took delivery of my black MYLR 7 seater on 9/14 in Renton.

There were a few common loose trim pieces around the front and rear bumper. A couple scratches that can be buffed out and weather stripping loose. The biggest problem I found is the gap along the top rear quarter panel and hatch. It’s perfect on the passenger side but the drivers side was way off. See the pic with arrows. I’m getting everything fixed 10/8.

Super excited to join the club and bring part of community.

Attachments

• F78CCCEB-021F-4D36-88D1-30C8BA5DC5FD.jpeg
    F78CCCEB-021F-4D36-88D1-30C8BA5DC5FD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • 429F1D8A-B5AE-4E5D-BA35-A14B7BCB2AA7.jpeg
    429F1D8A-B5AE-4E5D-BA35-A14B7BCB2AA7.jpeg
    510.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 1DEAE1B1-CD30-4400-952C-2816E17DAC39.jpeg
    1DEAE1B1-CD30-4400-952C-2816E17DAC39.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 1BD4E06E-DC8D-43EA-9D9F-03C7A31DFA20.jpeg
    1BD4E06E-DC8D-43EA-9D9F-03C7A31DFA20.jpeg
    391.6 KB · Views: 37
EDD got bumped again to 9/26 to 9/30. Do you think given that 4 day window that it is still possible to get the model Y? I’m at a point that I almost want to give up waiting :)
You and I seem to be on the same EDD bump schedule. I'm feeling like we have a 50-50 shot. What's your config? Upside is that if we do push into October we may get 2022 model?

Reactions: kjyam99
The day my 18' charger shipped, they had the 24' on the website. When it arrived, I sort of put it place and pulled the cable to about where the charge port would be. It was doable, but I didn't want to have to worry about lining the car up perfectly every time. I sent it back and ordered the 24'. My install was a bit involved. Had to bring the wires out from the breaker in the basement through a buried conduit out to our parking space off our alley (old house, no garage). The outdoor setup is the reason I went with the Wall Connector over an outlet.
Yeah, I was just in between when it changed. I was about to order the 18' and it went out of stock. After the next couple days, the 24' came in stock. Makes sense to have a little extra security with the 24'. I hope yours can get setup soon!

Different note--I was convinced that I was going to get a full matte PPF, but I think I've talked myself out of doing that and not wasting money... I think a full front should be sufficient? I was looking at getting mine done at Accutint in Bellevue (on their schedule now). Any other people have any tips/suggestions with PPF?

Reactions: GoRun26
I ordered before you and still don’t have a VIN - I’m pretty patient, but I suspect I will not be happy if I don’t actually get a car in September 😂 My EDD also shifted to 9/24 - 9/30 this morning.
To add insult to injury, my husband ordered his M3LR 5 weeks after my MYLR, and he’s had his car for almost 2 weeks. At least he can use the Tesla charger?!?
I stopped ordering accessories after the roof rack and interior mats. I’ll go nuts on that stuff if I ever get a car.
I hope we all get out VINs in the next few days!!
Same deal here...my EDD is currently 9/26-9/30. I emailed my SA and he said based on their internal estimate I will "likely get the Model Y next week." Not holding my breathe..

Reactions: Quiet Coyote
Yeah, I was just in between when it changed. I was about to order the 18' and it went out of stock. After the next couple days, the 24' came in stock. Makes sense to have a little extra security with the 24'. I hope yours can get setup soon!

Different note--I was convinced that I was going to get a full matte PPF, but I think I've talked myself out of doing that and not wasting money... I think a full front should be sufficient? I was looking at getting mine done at Accutint in Bellevue (on their schedule now). Any other people have any tips/suggestions with PPF?
I decided a whole PPF wrap would be too expensive. I’m doing full front with Seattle Clear Bra. New shop in town - an expansion out of Vancouver.