Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are all the first time Tesla owners going to discuss things now that we can quit checking EDD everyday?
Right here!

Reactions: GoRun26 and Thadar
Right here!

Thanks! headed over there and skimmed thru history and asked my question, hurray, my support group continues!

Ordered May 21, 2021. Ordered it at the Bellevue, Washington store, but they had me use my own phone to do it. Delivery dates ranged from mid-August to mid-November. Then I got a text: Can you take delivery in September? If so, reply SEPTEMBER. I did. Delivery dates changed to September 26-30. Brought to the house today, September 28, from the Renton store (a store that wasn't there in 2019); the delivery person drove off in our traded-in Model 3 that had 21,800 miles. We got less for the Model 3 perhaps than at Carmax but anyone else would have had to offer at least $4000 more to make up for the additional sales tax we would have owed (in Washington state if you trade in a car you pay only the difference). Car is very nice but sometimes the touch screen freezes then reboots, and the owner's manual display keeps showing a blank search screen that won't go away.

... Car is very nice but sometimes the touch screen freezes then reboots, and the owner's manual display keeps showing a blank search screen that won't go away.
Hey, it's got personality! Love it!
Part of the fun of Tesla chaos!

Seriously, as messed up and fast as Tesla is moving, it's about 1/100 as fast as we need to be moving. Embrace the chaos!

Reactions: Freshest
Ordered May 21, 2021. Ordered it at the Bellevue, Washington store, but they had me use my own phone to do it. Delivery dates ranged from mid-August to mid-November. Then I got a text: Can you take delivery in September? If so, reply SEPTEMBER. I did. Delivery dates changed to September 26-30. Brought to the house today, September 28, from the Renton store (a store that wasn't there in 2019); the delivery person drove off in our traded-in Model 3 that had 21,800 miles. We got less for the Model 3 perhaps than at Carmax but anyone else would have had to offer at least $4000 more to make up for the additional sales tax we would have owed (in Washington state if you trade in a car you pay only the difference). Car is very nice but sometimes the touch screen freezes then reboots, and the owner's manual display keeps showing a blank search screen that won't go away.
Congrats - our Y was also delivered this morning. I never got any texts from Tesla until after my VIN, so I was skeptical when my EDD changed to 9/26 to 9/30 a few days ago. Lo and behold I received a VIN a couple days after and then delivery today! :)

Reactions: Freshest and jebinc
Got the Y today at Lynnwood. I’m very pleased that I did not see any panel gaps issues. So far the only thing I see that I asked for service is the presence of like a black tape material where the roof glass starts. The SA who is there told me it could be glue or not and adviced me to open up a service anyway. I also asked why I did not get mudflaps and ppf and he told me he is not sure if it is included. I just added it to my service appointment anyway. Hopefully they give to me :) so far the driving experience is quite nice. I got use to the one pedal driving already. Now I just need to finalize what type of home charging I will go for.

Took delivery of our MYLR today. It was driven to our house and the rep was very helpful. I haven't done a through inspection yet but I didn't find any issues with exterior.

The only problems we have so far to report would be the missing PPF and mud flaps; some rattling noises on bumpy road; and a weird popping/metal flexing noice when making sharp turns. New Tesla owners do you have these issues?

Besides no mud flaps or ppf, the only thing I found is a slightly loose right side to the right taillight. It looked a little crooked, so I pushed on it, and it moved into place, so I made appt for that and the ppf. Not sure I want the flaps, already so much lower to the ground than my 4runner, those flaps look really close to the ground.

Reactions: TSTSTS
Thoughts, fellow Washingtonians?

Thoughts, fellow Washingtonians?

That’s gonna be a no from me, dawg.

Reactions: Trex710 and jebinc
Reactions: paramer and jebinc
Okay, whose MYP is this at Advanced Tint in Renton?! Your car is ready for pick up! Same as mine, save for the red Gemini wheel caps. Mine are black.

Attachments

• D3E39CE7-96E7-4FD4-8DD5-303EFF510FFB.jpeg
    D3E39CE7-96E7-4FD4-8DD5-303EFF510FFB.jpeg
    601.1 KB · Views: 62