Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MYLR in mid-July 2021. Initially had let my trade in info lapse for a bit since I didn’t realize it would delay my EDD. Finally got that sorted out with my SA, and my EDD has fluctuated between late January-March. Got a text from Tesla today saying they had a car that matched my order, haha. Decided it didn‘t make sense to scramble and get insurance and financing for a same day turnaround. Also figured it doesn’t hurt waiting on the (small) chance that WA or Federal tax credit ends up happening and is back dated for January 1. Also figured it’s best to wait in case the new Ryzen chip ends up being a permanent update for the line. If anyone ordered a blue MYLR you might have one available haha.

Current EDD is Feb 7-March 7.

Does the frunk normally make a decent thump when unlocking? It opens and shuts fine it seems. The rear trunk opens and closes smooth.
Also do the drivers windows always lower slightly once you close the door? My driver side lowers slightly more than other side. And there is water/condensation under the driver side making me think it isn’t aligned. They say they are “measuring it”. I’m sure they will comeback saying it is within spec but it has condensation and the other side doesn’t

Sorry to hear that, seems this whole process has been a sour taste for you so far
It has been terrible. I was working at the hospital all day into 4 am then got 2 hours of sleep to get up and drive to Tesla. Just to have them mess up our POA paperwork they forced us into. So I got delayed till after 1200. The scratches are annoying for a $71k car but the window misalignment is more worrisome but they should be able to fix it unless they say it is within spec. I have looked at about 7 other cars and none have the window like mine is. I live 2hrs from service center so it isn’t a simple fix to get the car to Tesla unless they give me a demo but even that is a huge hassle

Last edited:
Dumb question but I can’t find much online about this and might need to call Tesla about this, but, our tabs expired today for our trade in, and was wondering if we need to renew our tabs for the trade in. Our EDD is projected to be in the next few weeks and I don’t want to pretty much pay these crazy tab fees if I don’t need to. I don’t plan on driving this car much if at all. Thanks

Dumb question but I can’t find much online about this and might need to call Tesla about this, but, our tabs expired today for our trade in, and was wondering if we need to renew our tabs for the trade in. Our EDD is projected to be in the next few weeks and I don’t want to pretty much pay these crazy tab fees if I don’t need to. I don’t plan on driving this car much if at all. Thanks
I ran into the same issue and while as far as I could tell from my research, it is technically possible to sell a car private party with expired tabs, pretty much no one will take a trade-in unless it has a valid registration.

I really wish WA did prorated refunds for tabs when selling since I will also have tabs that have 10 mo. left on them when I trade-in. That especially hurts because w/ the RTA fee it's ~$1k for renewals and whoever gets the car next is required to register it themselves anyways and pay again.

Reactions: Here4Comments
I ran into the same issue and while as far as I could tell from my research, it is technically possible to sell a car private party with expired tabs, pretty much no one will take a trade-in unless it has a valid registration.

I really wish WA did prorated refunds for tabs when selling since I will also have tabs that have 10 mo. left on them when I trade-in. That especially hurts because w/ the RTA fee it's ~$1k for renewals and whoever gets the car next is required to register it themselves anyways and pay again.
Yeah this is exactly what I found, the info online is vary vague l, and doesn’t really help. We are also in the RTA area and it’s not cheap. Thanks for the info

Do you have any personal experience doing a trade-in with an expired registration? Every service I've looked at requires a valid registration (Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, etc.)
No I don't (not any time recently at least) the only time I personally did it was 20 years ago. All I am saying is that it isn't a legal requirement and I don't know why they would have an issue with it. I don't know if they do or not.

So I am continuing to get a little pissed off regarding this situation. As I was warned to expect I woke up this morning, with my delivery window starting on Tuesday to a new delivery window an entire month later. So my original EDD was 12/28-12/31 and now I am not getting a car until 2/2-3/2 (and I think it is a safe assumption that that is a pipe dream at this point). I made the mistake of applying for financing based upon my original window because they told me I had to have financing lined up before they could confirm delivery and now my financing option is gone and I have to reapply, negatively impacting my credit. I also ordered a performance model instead of the long range because I needed it sooner than March or April and after paying the premium I am not going to get it any sooner anyways so what the hell was the point? Anyways, I am not here to just complain.
Has anyone here had any luck getting help with issues like this from Tesla? From everywhere I am reading Tesla sucks about issues like this and no one anywhere will help at all. I'd like to think that would not be true and hoping someone has a line on someone who can lend a hand.

It has been terrible. I was working at the hospital all day into 4 am then got 2 hours of sleep to get up and drive to Tesla. Just to have them mess up our POA paperwork they forced us into. So I got delayed till after 1200. The scratches are annoying for a $71k car but the window misalignment is more worrisome but they should be able to fix it unless they say it is within spec. I have looked at about 7 other cars and none have the window like mine is. I live 2hrs from service center so it isn’t a simple fix to get the car to Tesla unless they give me a demo but even that is a huge hassle
I have the same issue with my driver and passenger windows. They don't close all the way up and pop down a cm or two leaving a gap from the seal and window. There's also this weird grim on the windows that I keep trying to clean but instead water spots keep building up when it rains making it hard to see out of the windows and side mirrors. Top it off, keep running into issues with the windows rolling up/down without pushing any buttons and being stuck down. Try doing the reset solutions online regarding the window regulators but no avail. Hopefully we're just seeing some initial QA woes and smooth sailing soon.

So I am continuing to get a little pissed off regarding this situation. As I was warned to expect I woke up this morning, with my delivery window starting on Tuesday to a new delivery window an entire month later. So my original EDD was 12/28-12/31 and now I am not getting a car until 2/2-3/2 (and I think it is a safe assumption that that is a pipe dream at this point). I made the mistake of applying for financing based upon my original window because they told me I had to have financing lined up before they could confirm delivery and now my financing option is gone and I have to reapply, negatively impacting my credit. I also ordered a performance model instead of the long range because I needed it sooner than March or April and after paying the premium I am not going to get it any sooner anyways so what the hell was the point? Anyways, I am not here to just complain.
Has anyone here had any luck getting help with issues like this from Tesla? From everywhere I am reading Tesla sucks about issues like this and no one anywhere will help at all. I'd like to think that would not be true and hoping someone has a line on someone who can lend a hand.
Your EDD is still better than mine and I ordered before you.

My EDD pushed out a month when I was nearing my window. Two or three days later I had a VIN assignment. Hope this is the case for you.