Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You seem angry, It's just a car.

Funny gummies are legal in our state, just sayin' :)
I am pissed, beyond angry. You know how many times I've been told I'll be assigned a car in the next week? Then for them to blame me for not getting assigned a car, then promising me that they will do everything they can to get me assigned a car ASAP then telling me that they have no ability to do anything at all when it comes to assigning a vehicle. Now I find out that all along I was being lied to at every single step and then I find out that all I had to do was not put a trade in on my account and I would have been assigned a car in December like I was supposed to be. All along everyone at Tesla knew that this was a problem but not a single person thought it was relevant to say anything.

I got a new job that doesn't have a company car so I needed a vehicle by a specific date. I went to Tesla directly and talked to 2 different sales advisors, explained my situation openly and directly and asked what I had to do to make it happen. Went through the whole process, followed every direction that they gave me and bought it exactly when they told me to. They tell me verbally and in writing that I am getting my car by end of December and to get financing lined up for the end of December. I go and apply for a loan, take the credit hit, everything is lined up and then I get bumped. OK, *sugar* happens, I understand. Then I go back to my sales advisor and he tells me that he can see through the smoke in the magic ball and that I am going to be getting my car right in the middle of a pre planned vacation. I say, hey no problem, I will pick it up when I get back from vacation and he tells me no, if I am not available to pick it up during this 3 day window that they pass the car on to the next person and I go to the back of the line for the next one. Since I am already borrowing a car to get my job done this is a problem for me. I ask him are you sure this window is accurate and isn't going to change? He says yeah, plus or minus a couple days but definitely that week. If I am not available I need to put the reservation on hold or cancel the vacation. So I cancel the vacation and then I get bumped again. Ever since then my sales advisor absolutely ghosts me, ignoring phone calls and E-mails and I get bumped again and again.

Am I ticked off, absolutely. Should I be as mad as I am, debatable. Could I use some good gummies, sure, I am down. None of that changes that Tesla's customer service is the absolute worst for any "premium" brand in the world and they systemically suck ass at EVERYTHING except designing a couple of amazing products. When they know that their system screwed something up and no one has the power or care to fix it I am not going to excuse that and the fact that the only way people can get help or to learn more is to turn to an internet forum instead of the company itself speaks to just how terrible Tesla is.

I am pissed, beyond angry. You know how many times I've been told I'll be assigned a car in the next week? Then for them to blame me for not getting assigned a car, then promising me that they will do everything they can to get me assigned a car ASAP then telling me that they have no ability to do anything at all when it comes to assigning a vehicle. Now I find out that all along I was being lied to at every single step and then I find out that all I had to do was not put a trade in on my account and I would have been assigned a car in December like I was supposed to be. All along everyone at Tesla knew that this was a problem but not a single person thought it was relevant to say anything.

I got a new job that doesn't have a company car so I needed a vehicle by a specific date. I went to Tesla directly and talked to 2 different sales advisors, explained my situation openly and directly and asked what I had to do to make it happen. Went through the whole process, followed every direction that they gave me and bought it exactly when they told me to. They tell me verbally and in writing that I am getting my car by end of December and to get financing lined up for the end of December. I go and apply for a loan, take the credit hit, everything is lined up and then I get bumped. OK, *sugar* happens, I understand. Then I go back to my sales advisor and he tells me that he can see through the smoke in the magic ball and that I am going to be getting my car right in the middle of a pre planned vacation. I say, hey no problem, I will pick it up when I get back from vacation and he tells me no, if I am not available to pick it up during this 3 day window that they pass the car on to the next person and I go to the back of the line for the next one. Since I am already borrowing a car to get my job done this is a problem for me. I ask him are you sure this window is accurate and isn't going to change? He says yeah, plus or minus a couple days but definitely that week. If I am not available I need to put the reservation on hold or cancel the vacation. So I cancel the vacation and then I get bumped again. Ever since then my sales advisor absolutely ghosts me, ignoring phone calls and E-mails and I get bumped again and again.

Am I ticked off, absolutely. Should I be as mad as I am, debatable. Could I use some good gummies, sure, I am down. None of that changes that Tesla's customer service is the absolute worst for any "premium" brand in the world and they systemically suck ass at EVERYTHING except designing a couple of amazing products. When they know that their system screwed something up and no one has the power or care to fix it I am not going to excuse that and the fact that the only way people can get help or to learn more is to turn to an internet forum instead of the company itself speaks to just how terrible Tesla is.
Well that's a lot of information to process... If I were your shoes, this car would be cancelled. Screw the $250 and whatever else you've bought to get ready, its really not worth it. Every issue, large or small with this car once you get it is going to dredge up the procurement experience, and you'll live it all over again. Come back to the fold in a few years if Tesla gets their *sugar* together...

I'd try 2 gummies but make sure you have a spirit guide nearby to talk you down in case things get crazy.

Well that's a lot of information to process... If I were your shoes, this car would be cancelled. Screw the $250 and whatever else you've bought to get ready, its really not worth it. Every issue, large or small with this car once you get it is going to dredge up the procurement experience, and you'll live it all over again. Come back to the fold in a few years if Tesla gets their *sugar* together...

I'd try 2 gummies but make sure you have a spirit guide nearby to talk you down in case things get crazy.
I am trying to let it go as a glitch in the system, the product itself is excellent, if it lives up to my expectations then great, I can laugh at the head aches and then I've earned the many years of enjoyment that the model Y will hopefully bring me. If not, I will flip it and buy something more traditional and make a few bucks in the process. I am not letting go of my $250 though, if I cancel it I am getting my $250 back no matter what. I am an asshole when you try to screw me over so I'd take that $250 back if it cost me $250 to get it.

Reactions: Corndart
MYLR - Black exterior, Black interior | 20" Induction Wheels | 7 Seat | No Tow | No FSD

Reading through all these threads and hoping for a quick turnaround. Original order date 9/24 and current EDD is 2/19-3/19. We had financing (which expired a long time ago) in our profile which kept pushing our EDD back (for a while it said June 2022). Talked to a sales rep in the Bellevue store and he advised us to remove financing and add it back in after receiving a VIN. Recently the EDD has been coming back (April for a week, then March for another 2 weeks, and now 2/19-3/19).

Does anyone know the rough turnaround time between getting a VIN and taking delivery (or picking up) in the Seattle area?

Yes, wait until you have a VIN then put in trade in info.

I asked my SA about this and the way the reply was framed, this was happening to my order (the delays). I have renewed my trade in for 2 times now, so it seems like I delayed my order for like 2 months for no reason at all.

Thanks for this information, I have taken off my trade in for now, will see what happens tomorrow (new EDD window starts).

I asked my SA about this and the way the reply was framed, this was happening to my order (the delays). I have renewed my trade in for 2 times now, so it seems like I delayed my order for like 2 months for no reason at all.

Thanks for this information, I have taken off my trade in for now, will see what happens tomorrow (new EDD window starts).

Just a word of warning - your window might not get closer.... My SA (here in Spokane) told me that, even after taking the trade-in off. I'm hoping it does (at least a little bit), but I'm preparing myself that it might not.

So I have done plenty of complaining on here but I will also give credit where credit is due. My sales advisor reached out to me today and apologized for not getting back to me. I voiced my concerns and frustrations and he at least pretended to care, (seemed genuine but even pretending to care is a huge step up from my previous interactions with Tesla). He confirmed the majority of what I wrote above, (Yes, they knew that trade ins expiring and financing expiring were bumping back orders. Yes, it was designed that way and there was internal communications going back a long time identifying it was an issue. Yes, they could/should have said something but were asked not to. Yes, this is fixed now but only going forward, nothing was "corrected" for existing orders that may have been caught up in this). So after getting through all that I told him I was having a really shitty experience because of all of the issues that happened but what I really needed was some level of clarity on what was going to happen going forward because at this point it felt like I was just getting delayed into oblivion. Asked him if he could provide any info behind the curtain and let him know that if he could not and I experienced any further delays I was going to cancel my order, demand my order fee back and raise hell while doing it.

He apologized for the delays, filled me in on some more details that caused delays (both specifically for my order and for a lot of orders in the Seattle area) and then tore into their system to find out as much detail as he could and was open and transparent about what he could see and what he couldn't. Long story short I am currently "soft matched" to a vehicle that is scheduled to be built. He gave me the date that the vehicle is scheduled to finish being built and the day it is scheduled to arrive at the service center that I am picking up at. He also gave insight into the scheduled dates and how accurate they are (for instance, Tesla assumes 2 days after the vehicle is built that it will arrive but most often it takes a day extra or the vehicle arrives very late in the day on the 2nd day so it doesn't start getting prepped until the following day). So now I at least know what the plan is going forward, when my MY is supposed to be built and a decent estimate of when I should expect it to land here locally for me to pick up. Of course, this could change again if there is a parts availability issue that does not allow them to build that car when it is scheduled for but that is pretty unlikely in the window I'm in.

All in all, there is a lot that is unanswered but this is the first interaction I have had with Tesla since I've ordered that actually felt good and felt like they give a *sugar*. Could I just be getting fluffed and all this info ends up being wrong, maybe but I don't think so. Here is hoping this is a turn around and things start heading in the right direction from here.

Can you add more details on this? Thanks!
Well part was due to orders that were supposed to be delivered in and around the time when weather interrupted deliveries so some vehicles got re routed to places that could deliver them by the end of the year. Then someone had to make the decision to either manually change the order assignment process to back fill those orders that were supposed to be delivered in December in January or just allow the system to keep doing its thing automatically and allow those orders to fall back later in the process then they should have. They decided to do nothing which in turn disrupted a small amount of orders for a longer period of time instead of spreading out a small delay to more customers.

All together, this only pertains to you if you were scheduled to take delivery at the end of December and got bumped back to late February or early March and only if you had a trade in or financing on your account that expired during the window that they were "soft matching" your vehicle build schedule to your order. And, like I mentioned before, this issue has already been fixed going forward but was not corrected for people who were impacted previously. So probably not a lot of orders (about a quarter of one weeks worth of deliveries).

Reactions: night_fury
Well part was due to orders that were supposed to be delivered in and around the time when weather interrupted deliveries so some vehicles got re routed to places that could deliver them by the end of the year. Then someone had to make the decision to either manually change the order assignment process to back fill those orders that were supposed to be delivered in December in January or just allow the system to keep doing its thing automatically and allow those orders to fall back later in the process then they should have. They decided to do nothing which in turn disrupted a small amount of orders for a longer period of time instead of spreading out a small delay to more customers.

All together, this only pertains to you if you were scheduled to take delivery at the end of December and got bumped back to late February or early March and only if you had a trade in or financing on your account that expired during the window that they were "soft matching" your vehicle build schedule to your order. And, like I mentioned before, this issue has already been fixed going forward but was not corrected for people who were impacted previously. So probably not a lot of orders (about a quarter of one weeks worth of deliveries).
Man I wish I had your staying power. I still have my OG order open and we will see if it even comes. Meanwhile.......
car.jpg