Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E77A159A-7DED-4588-B4E9-1B68B281B718.jpeg

Today it changed from just September to this. Hopefully used teslas are still going for an extra liver by then.

At this point I think Tesla has some major bugs with their car delivery allocation systems. I contacted my SA about 15 minutes ago to see if he could see any more information regarding potential manufacturing and delivery timeframe for the car. Previously he was seeing a Manufacture date of March 13th with 2 additional days travel up from Freemont. Today he was seeing March 26th with a Delivery date of April 1st. The problems being A: my family and I will be on vacation (first one in 2 years) the first week of April and B: I ordered the car last July! He agreed that was ridiculous and said he was going to escalate and get back to me. FF to just now and I now have a VIN assigned to me and an EDD of mid-March back on my account. No idea what he did, but if this happens on schedule I'll be happy.
If you have a VIN, you will almost certainly stay on schedule at this point. Only potential delays would be weather coming up from CA blocking the trucks (I suppose it's theoretically possible that the pass along the OR/CA border could have still have trouble in mid-March, but not super likely), or if your car arrives at the service center with major defects that will require new parts to be ordered in order to repair (very unlikely). They build a few days of padding into the schedule after a vehicle arrives at the SC, just so they can correct any minor factory defects without delaying delivery. So at this point, I'd say you should be pretty secure in your delivery date!

FYSA - I did not get a VIN, look for PPF, or ask about the MCU, but there was a black MYP with Michelins at the Lynnwood SC last night waiting for a new owner.

Sample set of 1, it appears we're still getting all seasons and not the Pirelli's here in the SEA area.

it appears we're still getting all seasons and not the Pirelli's here in the SEA area.
This is encouraging. Summer tires in the NW would be stupid. Just got a text from Tesla asking for my trade in info. I am not trading but this must mean I am getting close to a VIN. EDD moved back where is was last week 3/18 to 3/31. MYP, MSM, black int, hitch, no FSD. OD 2/10. Asked them if I can get the build sheet once there is a VIN.

Reactions: Snecky
There is no pattern. I received my first text in december, yet to have a vin assignment
I ordered my MYLR 8/8/22, lots and lots of delays, obviously...got the trade-in text early December when my EDD was late December, (foolishly) entered the trade-in info, received their 'offer' which was woefully underpriced, then almost the next day, my EDD moved to June of 2022...a ten month wait. Just last week, I removed the now-expired trade-in info and now my EDD is March 20-31, 2022. Not saying that this will not bump, but this forum has showed me that the trade-in blackhole is real and should not be used.

Reactions: night_fury
This is encouraging. Summer tires in the NW would be stupid. Just got a text from Tesla asking for my trade in info. I am not trading but this must mean I am getting close to a VIN. EDD moved back where is was last week 3/18 to 3/31. MYP, MSM, black int, hitch, no FSD. OD 2/10. Asked them if I can get the build sheet once there is a VIN.

I ordered my MYLR 8/8/22, lots and lots of delays, obviously...got the trade-in text early December when my EDD was late December, (foolishly) entered the trade-in info, received their 'offer' which was woefully underpriced, then almost the next day, my EDD moved to June of 2022...a ten month wait. Just last week, I removed the now-expired trade-in info and now my EDD is March 20-31, 2022. Not saying that this will not bump, but this forum has showed me that the trade-in blackhole is real and should not be used.
This is almost my *exact* experience, too. MYLR OD in July '21, latest EDD is 3/18-31. Beware the trade-in game, probably cost us at least 3 months of waiting.

Maybe I missed it but did you in fact end up with the summer tires?
Ahh, forgot to update. Been too busy enjoying it. Yes, the car that I was assigned was not originally supposed to come here and only got assigned to me because I threw a fit to the right person. It did in fact have summer tires on it. The SA that did my delivery said it was the only one he had seen recently that had summer tires on it.

OK, off topic and NOT TESLA related. Does anyone have a good lemon law attorney they can recommend for Washington State? I have an issue with my wife's car that has it out of service for more than 30 days in the first year of ownership and dealership just told me it is going to be another 5+ weeks minimum for them to repair it. Considering my options under lemon law for it.

OK, off topic and NOT TESLA related. Does anyone have a good lemon law attorney they can recommend for Washington State? I have an issue with my wife's car that has it out of service for more than 30 days in the first year of ownership and dealership just told me it is going to be another 5+ weeks minimum for them to repair it. Considering my options under lemon law for it.
Why do you need an attorney?

Do You Need an Attorney?

The arbitration program has been developed so that a consumer does not need to have an attorney for most claims. However, you always have a right to be represented by counsel for any claim. The manufacturer may be represented by an attorney. Most large manufacturers of cars, trucks and motorcycles do not have attorneys represent them at arbitration hearings.Note: “Reasonable” attorney costs will be refunded to you in an award only if the manufacturer has also represented by counsel.

You should read this entire Lemon Law booklet before making your decision as to whether you will be represented by an attorney. If you decide you want to be represented by an attorney, it is advisable to consult with one as early as possible.

Why do you need an attorney?

Do You Need an Attorney?

The arbitration program has been developed so that a consumer does not need to have an attorney for most claims. However, you always have a right to be represented by counsel for any claim. The manufacturer may be represented by an attorney. Most large manufacturers of cars, trucks and motorcycles do not have attorneys represent them at arbitration hearings.Note: “Reasonable” attorney costs will be refunded to you in an award only if the manufacturer has also represented by counsel.

You should read this entire Lemon Law booklet before making your decision as to whether you will be represented by an attorney. If you decide you want to be represented by an attorney, it is advisable to consult with one as early as possible.
Because it doesn't cost me anything and even though I can do the process myself if I wanted to I have found that more often than not when I do not use a professional for something like this it either takes way too much time or costs me more in the long run. Every single manufacturer out there is represented by an attorney unless you go through their approved arbitration provider. I would prefer to not fight against someone who does this for a living and gets to set their own rules on their home field. Especially after talking to folks on here and Chrysler forums who got boned during the process and did not even know it.

Because it doesn't cost me anything and even though I can do the process myself if I wanted to I have found that more often than not when I do not use a professional for something like this it either takes way too much time or costs me more in the long run. Every single manufacturer out there is represented by an attorney unless you go through their approved arbitration provider. I would prefer to not fight against someone who does this for a living and gets to set their own rules on their home field. Especially after talking to folks on here and Chrysler forums who got boned during the process and did not even know it.
I don't have much else to add except we have one of the best lemon laws in the country in terms of being consumer friendly. Could be my naivete but it seems fairly straightforward under the 30 day out of service condition that you have a fairly uncomplicated case to adjudicate under the free arbitration provided by the state. Also note they state that most manufacturers don't bother with an attorney... 🤷‍♂️

If you find an attorney, would be nice to share it back to the collective.

Last edited:
I don't have much else to add except we have one of the best lemon laws in the country in terms of being consumer friendly. Could be my naivete but it seems fairly straightforward under the 30 day out of service condition that you have a fairly uncomplicated case to adjudicate under the free arbitration provided by the state. Also note they state that most manufacturers don't bother with an attorney... 🤷‍♂️

If you find an attorney, would be nice to share it back to the collective.

Good article, thank you. I may try to hash it out on my own based upon your feedback but I am much more inclined to just turn it over to someone to handle for me if anyone has a good recommendation.

FYSA - I did not get a VIN, look for PPF, or ask about the MCU, but there was a black MYP with Michelins at the Lynnwood SC last night waiting for a new owner.

Sample set of 1, it appears we're still getting all seasons and not the Pirelli's here in the SEA area.
I picked mine up last Wednesday, it had Michelin A/S. The other MYPs I saw there all had A/S I believe.

Mine also came with PPF but no mudflaps, was told they were out of mudflaps.

Reactions: Corndart
Ahh, forgot to update. Been too busy enjoying it. Yes, the car that I was assigned was not originally supposed to come here and only got assigned to me because I threw a fit to the right person. It did in fact have summer tires on it. The SA that did my delivery said it was the only one he had seen recently that had summer tires on it.
Thanks. I feel much better now about my upcoming MYP delivery. Still waiting for the VIN but should be any day now.