Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water in the trunk when opening fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this info!!!
My M3 trunk has been a big pain regarding rain, and this appears to be a good solution.
I see a variety of sellers online with prices ranging from $40s to over $100...
This one seems to be the one that most people are ordering from (USA):
https://www.amazon.com/WJM-Tesla-Wi...72040d543acd0d99ec3a4689f5464a&language=en_US

Does anyone else have any recommendations before I order mine?
Also anyone have the adhesion come off the edges after prolonged use yet (i know these are new, so maybe time will tell)?
thanks

Last edited:
Not that new (at least a year old at this point). They will start to come undone no matter what you do... even if you replace the default tape with 3M VHB and use adhesion promoters. Not a big deal, just expect to redo every couple of years.

We’ve had the trunk/frunk liners since day one, and I never worried about rain in our May 2018.
A few weeks ago, we noticed a smell—and investigating found water pooled under the hidden bay, with our neoprene charger adapter bag, tire pump, and snow chain cases coated in mildew.

She’s going into the service center tomorrow and we’ll see what they say. Only sharing now to point out the trunk liner wasn’t foolproof. We didn’t have this problem the first winter—I’m sure as I parked at a free charger last August, and got an adapter out.

I bought the WJM version but need to return it because the adhesive was not properly on one area and it arrived with scratches as well as two hairline cracks in the center.
see pics.
Will ask for replacement and hopefully the next one will be better.

25F57249-11AC-47B4-8524-2BF49296D0AD.jpeg
180B9120-2B02-4A23-B8D1-9F7D8E43D226.jpeg
12F66C54-1120-443E-B4F0-3AB180DAA670.jpeg

E479C137-E510-423A-B862-B22B6602559E.jpeg
Got my replacement already.
This time It was packaged much better in a box within a box. Plus, it was in a protective foam casing as well. The previous one did not have any of this and was only in a plastic bag!!. I probably initially received a return product.

Reactions: linux-works
how is it holding up? are the corners (ends) still sticking well?

the CF part is now $39 on amazon, so I'm tempted...

its still on without any issues so far, but it’s only been a couple weeks so far. One thing I was concerned about was the cold chicago weather not allowing it to stick well but so far it’s fine.

the funny thing is since I have installed it, it hasn’t rained yet.