Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze Bluetooth Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got the .50 update AND Waze updated on my iPhone X, so I am not sure what the culprit is.....I use Waze via Bluetooth for navigation alerts and now Waze connects to my Model S and the bluetooth connection stays idle and I cannot hear streaming music. The only way to fix this is to disable Bluetooth Audio in the Waze app and use the iPhone speaker instead. Anyone experiencing this issue?

It's has been always like that, at least for me in my X. If I have BT on the phone enabled and paired with the car - all audio from the phone is sent to BT, the fact that I might have car audio set to a different audio source (radio, XM, USB) did not matter. I had to enable "Play sound to phone speaker" setting in Waze to make phone use its speaker in order to get directions.

It's has been always like that, at least for me in my X. If I have BT on the phone enabled and paired with the car - all audio from the phone is sent to BT, the fact that I might have car audio set to a different audio source (radio, XM, USB) did not matter. I had to enable "Play sound to phone speaker" setting in Waze to make phone use its speaker in order to get directions.

Interesting. Wasn't like that for me at all. Would play via Bluetooth when it needed to, disconnect and go back to streaming music in my car. Now that has changed.

I've always had to set to speaker, but there is a setting in google maps that allows it to 'simulate a phone call' that allows the phone to barge in over the selected audio. I found it once before, but usually run waze on the browser in the car...

it's in google maps. not waze, but, here is the idea:
26142269_10213136247613675_1838773664_o.jpg