Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Redditor enhanced the blanket photo:
cloaked-model-3-levels.png

Wired claims that this cloaked car is the Tesla Model 3

Reactions: Lex
The S' trunk opens up more like a 5-door, so I can see why you'd classify it that way. But the styling is that of a sedan, so that's what I call it. I prefer a hatchback over a sedan generally.

Currently, hatchback is my car; sedan is the husband's... We met on a car forum. :)

I love the liftback type as long as I can't choose a full-size wagon. But the normal hatchback is in my opinion a sedan that tried to be a wagon, but was to short.... I know it may be useful, but just looks a bit wrong in my eyes. But that is only my opinion :)

Reactions: Red Sage
I'd be ecstatic if they did a 5-door hatchback for the model 3 launch. But that is not a sedan, and a sedan is what we were promised.
The Model S is a Sedan that is also qualified as a 'five-door liftback saloon' by some. Sure, it isn't butt-fargin'-fugly like the BMW 340i xDrive GT or Honda Crosstour or any number of Saab 900s... That's why Tesla Motors gets away with it. I expect they will do the same with Model ☰. :D

are these photos new? Is this the X?
Definitely not new. Certainly not the Model X. That is the Model S. The bodies used to be transported on robotic trolleys that lifted them up and moved them from station to station as they were being built. Check YouTube for the National Geographic/BBC video 'Megafactories: Tesla Model S' for details.

That rear body line across the rear wheel well seems totally different versus the MS to me. Also, the front body line that looks like it runs along the hood line looks much more pronounced and seems to extend further down towards the front bumper.

That rear body line across the rear wheel well seems totally different versus the MS to me. Also, the front body line that looks like it runs along the hood line looks much more pronounced and seems to extend further down towards the front bumper.
angle's still not quite right in comparison.... hmm maybe I can find better, also credit to my fave car writers ever Car & Driver for the red MS