Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla tech scheduled me for Saturday. most likely will be BS. but they said they canNOT rollback to 2022.20.x.

I think this is BS, right? if I got into FSD beta, I will get 2022.20.11 which has 10.69.1.1, right? Am I missing something? anyone has experience with this because obviously we can't test Tesla SC tech. I want to see and fight them on Saturday to roll me back if it is doable.

Reply from Tesla

0DA8403E-4FE4-49BE-80CC-4C3878493733.jpeg

Well that's a very pleasant message from service!

I have the same problem after installing 2022.24.6 last night. And I also noticed that car lost 7 miles of range sitting in garage for 5 hours, which I believe is more than before.

Milestone post #1,000 for me :D

Last edited:
So any idea just What is causing the whining? She stated they "know what is happening". Wonder if that just means they know it's whining, or do they know What is whining? Like all texting...a bit vague, but at least they are on the case.
Nope, I just have that message and this VM.
“Hi James this is Kim from Tesla service Center is reaching out regarding your service appointment for the 14th for the high-pitched whine sound that you're hearing him until the car falls asleep and it started happening after last software update I a.m. being told hot off the press has a moments ago that the software update is what caused it as you already suspected and is soon as we have a fix for it you'll get a new update put through so that it will stop it's not hurting anything on the car than driving you crazy likely but it's not hurting anything so I don't think you really need to bring your car down it's not something that we can fix bringing it into the service center so I'm going to send you a text if you could please reply that you got my message and that it's OK to cancel I will go ahead and do that thanks so much bye-bye…”

Reactions: zoomer0056
Interesting. Is it the hydraulic unit wire retro fit? My appointment is on Saturday and will see what they will do. Which service center is that?
Well they added both the hydraulic retrofit (which I think is related to a brake failure issue in some circumstances) and the radar water intrusion (which is really strange). Maybe those are just pseudo recalls, and have nothing to do with buzzing. My Oct. ‘21 has never been to SC yet. It’s Lake Forest, Calif.

Reactions: Ash83
I just had the MCU2 update today (2015 P85D) and with it the update to 2022.24.6. When I got home I notice a LOUD buzz (not this whine or the usual hum) but a buzz that sounds like a blender. Definitely seems to be coming from the front. In addition, I notice a very distinct "popping" or "crackling" sound that appears to come from underneath the car - reminds me of the sound an arc welder makes. To be honest it makes me more than a little nervous. This was around 6pm and it is now 1034 and it is still going.

I'll see if I can get some video and I'll post..