Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is finally silent this morning. I have not turned anything on or driven, so will see if it starts again when I do. I swear, sounds like the Death Star powering up...
It suppose to do that once it goes to sleep. Mine gets quite after 30 min or so. But open the app to wake her up or unlock the door, and it come back. Lets us know what yours does? What software you are on?

Reactions: GrnSqrl
It suppose to do that once it goes to sleep. Mine gets quite after 30 min or so. But open the app to wake her up or unlock the door, and it come back. Lets us know what yours does? What software you are on?

Mine was roaring like a blender out there from the time I got home at 6 and was still going when I went to bed around 1030. It is silent now, and I have woken it up with the app a couple of times... good point, let me go unlock the door.... one moment... and, OK it appears to be back to normal for now. I opened the door and got in, played with the settings then got out and locked up. The AC fired up as usual, but at a normal level, then spun back down normally once I got out of the car and walked away. So I guess it got whatever it was out of its system. Will reserve judgment for the next time I take a drive of any distance.

I am on 2022.24.6 - after my upgrade to MCU2.

I just bought a Model S LR. It‘s made this sound since I brought it home. I also left Sentry on in the garage and my security camera is getting triggered every couple of minutes by the headlights flashing on and off for no reason. Probably a separate issue but thought I’d mention it in case you’re seeing excessive battery drain.

I just dropped the car off for service on those issues as well as a small chip I found in the windshield after getting home.

Never had this issue but today when me car got 2022.24.6 i noticed after the update this werid buzzing sound coming from the car

I did reset and power off/on with no luck

Opened service request with Tesla and waiting there reaponse but wanted to see if anyone experienced this.

Because the sound seems (not 100% sure coming from the frunk toward the lower side) i am worried something wrong with the battery so i moved the car outside the garage away from my other Tesla waiting for the service center to respond.

Mine was roaring like a blender out there from the time I got home at 6 and was still going when I went to bed around 1030. It is silent now, and I have woken it up with the app a couple of times... good point, let me go unlock the door.... one moment... and, OK it appears to be back to normal for now. I opened the door and got in, played with the settings then got out and locked up. The AC fired up as usual, but at a normal level, then spun back down normally once I got out of the car and walked away. So I guess it got whatever it was out of its system. Will reserve judgment for the next time I take a drive of any distance.

I am on 2022.24.6 - after my upgrade to MCU2.
I think this is a different issue then. The sound we are hearing is like slight buzz like the one comes from a vital monitor when it goes flat.

I think this is a different issue then. The sound we are hearing is like slight buzz like the one comes from a vital monitor when it goes flat.
If you’re talking about a buzz with a constant high-pitched noise, then we’re talking the same thing. Sometimes it’s really loud, others not quite as much but still there. The only time it stops at all is when the car is dead asleep but I don’t think that’s consistent either. Anyway, I should hear from Tesla sometime today.

In my case, it sounded like a compressor running at full tilt. Underneath that was a sort of crackling sound that made me think of an arc welder or those science labs in old Frankenstein movies. I'm just glad its stopped for now.

If you’re talking about a buzz with a constant high-pitched noise, then we’re talking the same thing. Sometimes it’s really loud, others not quite as much but still there. The only time it stops at all is when the car is dead asleep but I don’t think that’s consistent either. Anyway, I should hear from Tesla sometime today.
Can yoy post a video? Did you check the couple of videos in this thread to compare? It is pretty much consistent.

I am now inclined to think my noise issue was, in fact, the air suspension compressor giving its all. See here -

TL;DR - the car is now sitting at the lowest setting and I can't seem to raise it. At least its quiet now ;-)

I tried a few things today, including driving with AC and radio off. I think the high pitch buzzing occurs while driving too, and seemed to fade / recur with go pedal use. It almost seems like it’s coming from the front motor.

Same problem here! I found this thread after searching around to see if others are experiencing this issue.

I took update 2022.24.8 tonight from 2022.24.5... wish I had known this before I took the update. I went out to the car after update and heard the whining noise as others describe above. Nothing I have attempted resolves the issue and it sounds like there is nothing we can do but wait for a fix from Tesla. Hope they can get this fixed quickly, as it is quite annoying!