Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So should we be worried about safety from this noise? In case battery inside is burning hot? I actually have to take a road trip with my MX this week and now I am considering renting..
No clue my friend.

Tesla in there service note in writing said this is ok for now. I guess if something happen it will be an easy claim. Hopefully just some coil winning due to missconfigured parameter.

If someone knows a way to get more data, i can do that. I use Tessie but it does not show battery temp or diagnostic.

Reactions: edx1105
January 2022 Build, Model S, the buzzing sound for me started immediately after the 2022.24.6 update install. Persistant until the car sleeps. Update 2022.24.8 doesn't resolve the issue. Waiting like others for a fix. Something in the 2022.24.6 patch caused this, unfortunately we don't know every detail of what is installed each time.

Just posting to keep track of it. July 2022 Build MSP. First tesla and had less than a month. Are these types of things common and should not install new updates as they come out?
I’ve installed everything soon as available since 2013, and only regretted a few times. For obvious and pervasive issues like this, we will probably see a fix within weeks if not sooner.

Most firmware “problems” are kludgy UI decisions or removing functions, that are eventually addressed.

So should we be worried about safety from this noise? In case battery inside is burning hot? I actually have to take a road trip with my MX this week and now I am considering renting..
I hope not! I drove 400+ miles on Friday and return trip planned for tomorrow. So far no performance impacts noted and no safety issues encountered. Fingers crossed.

If it’s not all refreshed cars then maybe it is a hardware problem that will take months or more to figure out …
I am more optimistic, these cars have a lot paramters for current, voltage to drive various systems. I hope giving the fact it 100% started with that specific version of software, that it is just missed parameter that caused some cricuit board to start buzzing at the different frequency.

Could be just a simple mistake, or it was intended for something else. like disable radar and then some other parts ended up getting more current and that caused the sound. who knows and Tesla will never give details. but from a Software Engineering perspective this is common and they should have other ways to work around it if needed. if they real want to.

The fear is they will screw us over and be lazy and say as expected and later they will just change some parts that will not be impacted (have more tolerance) so new cars does not have this and leave us with no fix (I hope this just my half empty glass side).

If it’s not all refreshed cars then maybe it is a hardware problem that will take months or more to figure out …
Per Tesla, they said only refresh S/X.

it could be we have other issues on those older cars and everyone is mixing them but who knows.

All the videos I have seen with the same sound like mine are for refreshed S/X. so If someone with this issue on a non refresh, please post a video so we can all confirm. Believe me, all of us who has it will recognize this sound for years and years to come :)