Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I just got a call from Tesla service center asking various questions about the issue. Appeared this was the first service ticket they’ve seen for this. I mentioned the TMC reports of this happening to many refresh S/X after software update. He didn’t seem impressed. Asked me to take a video of the noise and send it to him , which I’ve done. Will update if he responds.
They clearly do not have a handle on this, no service bulletin to there service centers, no idea of what to say or do to fix the problem.

I won’t be installing any more updates. At the moment i have a functional plaid without buzzing
Me too. 2021MSP, On FSD 2022.20.15 (Even though I've Opted Out of the subscription), I'm going to HOLD installing any updates I may get until it's proven not to Buzzzzzz. As Air Traffic Control would say,"Tesla MSP-HOLD current position, expected further clearance- Indefinite Delay-Buzzing Tesla blocking the runway".🤣

Buzz.jpeg

Attachments

• Buzz.jpeg
    Buzz.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 53
I went on a month long vacation to find my car’s interior with mold on it (seats, yoke, door panels) when I returned. Also, the floor board on the driver’s side is soaking wet. The mold wiped right off, I had the car detailed and made an appointment with Tesla service. Their fix is the “front radar replacement due to water intrusion.” We’ll see if it fixes it. I love the car but the build quality is laughable. Here’s a pic of the mold.
If by the “floor board“ you mean the footwell, then the ONLY way to correctly dry that out will be to remove the seats and remove the carpet. The underlay will be soaked and you will always have a musty smell if you don’t get the underlay bone dry.

FYI, this is pretty much what my 2015 Model S sounds like whenever it's charging, even on a 120V outlet. I haven't updated firmware in over 2 years, so it's nothing new to me, but the change did come after a firmware update. I assume it's something in the cooling system running even when everything is already cold. I'm just waiting for that part to wear out now.
Aren't OTA updates wonderful! And no, you can't roll it back.