Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With 2022.24.6.6 my Feb 2022 MSLR now has tinnitus. You might think it's just annoying. It started buzzing about 60% thru install. Eh ... no big deal, right. It buzzed for about 20 minutes during the install. Then it fell silent, wow ... silence IS GOLDEN. As I'm typing this, my car is not asleep and the buzzing went away with a loud Click. That lasted about 45 seconds. Then another click and it's buzzing again. It's the twilight zone!

With 2022.24.6.6 my Feb 2022 MSLR now has tinnitus. You might think it's just annoying. It started buzzing about 60% thru install. Eh ... no big deal, right. It buzzed for about 20 minutes during the install. Then it fell silent, wow ... silence IS GOLDEN. As I'm typing this, my car is not asleep and the buzzing went away with a loud Click. That lasted about 45 seconds. Then another click and it's buzzing again. It's the twilight zone!
Video is silent, then a click followed by the buzzzzz.

Look at this thread, 24 pages dealing with this same issue.

You’re not alone. This came with firmware update 2022.24.6 and still there with 2022.24.8. There is a Tesla bulletin in this and they are aware of the problem. It is supposed be fixed in a future firmware update. We are all anxiously waiting but somewhere on this forum it was stated we wouldn’t see this corrected by til November.

You’re not alone. This came with firmware update 2022.24.6 and still there with 2022.24.8. There is a Tesla bulletin in this and they are aware of the problem. It is supposed be fixed in a future firmware update. We are all anxiously waiting but somewhere on this forum it was stated we wouldn’t see this corrected by til November.

No date has been given by Tesla. It was reported on the internet that it would be in 36.1 release. Based on Tesla's history, that would be near November.

Bulletin where? Can you post it or link it here?

I’ve installed everything soon as available since 2013, and only regretted a few times. For obvious and pervasive issues like this, we will probably see a fix within weeks if not sooner.

Most firmware “problems” are kludgy UI decisions or removing functions, that are eventually addressed.
I have regrets about updates since 2019:

I got:

Charge gate, Regen gate, Pump gate.

Others got range gate.