Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue here as well as bunch of others on this car that feels like it was built by a wallmart trainee employee.

I read somewhere that tesla will issue a fix on a 2022.32 software but i wouldn't get my hopes high and it wouldn't come before end October/November

Buying this car was a huge mistake and i can't wait for an alternative which right now only the EQS SUV seems like it would fit to my wants/needs when it arrives.

My car had 2022.24.8 downloaded and was pestering me to install for a few days (I held off after reading these reports). Then today, after being parked in a commuter lot for a few hours, it advised me that I should connect to Wi-Fi to download 2022.24.6.6- I no longer have the option to install the previously downloaded 2022.24.8.
Did you install or don't want to risk it?

Same issue here as well as bunch of others on this car that feels like it was built by a wallmart trainee employee.

I read somewhere that tesla will issue a fix on a 2022.32 software but i wouldn't get my hopes high and it wouldn't come before end October/November

Buying this car was a huge mistake and i can't wait for an alternative which right now only the EQS SUV seems like it would fit to my wants/needs when it arrives.
Do a Google search about the supposedly coming fix. You'll see it started here on TMC as a quote from one single Tesla Service Rep. It's fake news. Maybe it's the new hinges.

Buzzzzzz History

The facts you'll read here are from actual TMC Members and Tesla Service managers. No Model Ss were hurt during harvesting of this thread.

Sept 6 -Ash83 reported issue with update 2022.24.6. BUZZZZZZ
Sept 8 - update 2022.24.8 BUZZZZZZ
Sept 8 - Tesla: software update is what caused it, it's not hurting anything, when you do the next firmware update it will fix the issue
Sept 11 - Tesla: The buzzing noise is from the most recent software update. The engineering team is aware of the buzzing and it will be addressed in a future firmware update.
Sept 13 - update 2022.28.1 BUZZZZZZ
Sept 13 - Tesla: We changed the frequency of part of the high voltage system
Sept 14 - Tesla: Diagnosed and Thermal System Test. Performed Thermal test, Passed. nothing abnormal found. Was unable do duplicate noise described by the customer. Suspect that it is the chiller running to keep the HV battery cool which is normal operation of the car
Sept 14 - Tesla: Appeared this was the first service ticket they’ve seen for this.
Sept 15 - TMC Member: started with BUZZZZZZ 2022.24.6 and fixed with 2022.28.1 NO BUZZZZZ
Sept 15 - TMC Member: BUZZZZZZ 28.1 STARTED it for me
Sept 15 - TMC Member: According to my local service center the noise is emanating from a contactor related to the battery.
Sept 15 - Tesla: possible tesla heat pump setting issue
Sept 16 - update 2022.28.2 BUZZZZZZ
Sept 16 - Tesla: The update 2022.24 was for an efficiency update of your high-voltage battery, affecting the flow of amperage. The sound that is created is an electrical signal which has been found other model S's and X's. Update 20 22.36 will resolve the noise concern. They are being distributed from engineering as soon as they are available for update
Sept 16 - From Tesla to Twitter to TMC: will be fixed with update 2022.36.1
Sept 19 - TMC Member: after 2022.24.8 was downloaded it was then rolled back to 2022.24.6.6
Sept 20 - Today, TMC members are in a hold pattern. Waiting for the brave person to install the next greatest firmware.

While this is certainly annoying, it is much less distracting than some squeak or rattle inside the car. If you are not working in a quiet garage, this is pretty much a nonissue.

It is a bit odd that is taking so long to rectify. but then look how long it's taking to be able to answer the phone from the yoke. It is also taking forever to properly display trip information or tire pressure without taking up the WHOLE CENTER SCREEN! To me, these would be priorities over fixing the noise but in reality none of these would be a problem in the first place if the software folks actually drove the car.

As another data point this is a screenshot of the response I mentioned from Tesla service on Sept 16th...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 2.32.10 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 2.32.10 PM.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: zoomer0056
While this is certainly annoying, it is much less distracting than some squeak or rattle inside the car. If you are not working in a quiet garage, this is pretty much a nonissue.

It is a bit odd that is taking so long to rectify. but then look how long it's taking to be able to answer the phone from the yoke. It is also taking forever to properly display trip information or tire pressure without taking up the WHOLE CENTER SCREEN! To me, these would be priorities over fixing the noise but in reality none of these would be a problem in the first place if the software folks actually drove the car.

As another data point this is a screenshot of the response I mentioned from Tesla service on Sept 16th...
Yes sir, your info is reported as buzzzzzz history in entry Sept 16 above.

Reactions: SDRick
Buzzzzzz History

The facts you'll read here are from actual TMC Members and Tesla Service managers. No Model Ss were hurt during harvesting of this thread.

Sept 6 -Ash83 reported issue with update 2022.24.6. BUZZZZZZ
Sept 8 - update 2022.24.8 BUZZZZZZ
Sept 8 - Tesla: software update is what caused it, it's not hurting anything, when you do the next firmware update it will fix the issue
Sept 11 - Tesla: The buzzing noise is from the most recent software update. The engineering team is aware of the buzzing and it will be addressed in a future firmware update.
Sept 13 - update 2022.28.1 BUZZZZZZ
Sept 13 - Tesla: We changed the frequency of part of the high voltage system
Sept 14 - Tesla: Diagnosed and Thermal System Test. Performed Thermal test, Passed. nothing abnormal found. Was unable do duplicate noise described by the customer. Suspect that it is the chiller running to keep the HV battery cool which is normal operation of the car
Sept 14 - Tesla: Appeared this was the first service ticket they’ve seen for this.
Sept 15 - TMC Member: started with BUZZZZZZ 2022.24.6 and fixed with 2022.28.1 NO BUZZZZZ
Sept 15 - TMC Member: BUZZZZZZ 28.1 STARTED it for me
Sept 15 - TMC Member: According to my local service center the noise is emanating from a contactor related to the battery.
Sept 15 - Tesla: possible tesla heat pump setting issue
Sept 16 - update 2022.28.2 BUZZZZZZ
Sept 16 - Tesla: The update 2022.24 was for an efficiency update of your high-voltage battery, affecting the flow of amperage. The sound that is created is an electrical signal which has been found other model S's and X's. Update 20 22.36 will resolve the noise concern. They are being distributed from engineering as soon as they are available for update
Sept 16 - From Tesla to Twitter to TMC: will be fixed with update 2022.36.1
Sept 19 - TMC Member: after 2022.24.8 was downloaded it was then rolled back to 2022.24.6.6
Sept 20 - Today, TMC members are in a hold pattern. Waiting for the brave person to install the next greatest firmware.
That timeline though...someone been tracking every second of this issue.
Sometimes with tesla, the left hand and the right hand are separated by vacuum.

Reactions: zoomer0056