Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross post from the Model S thread:

We just took delivery of a new 2022 X LR on Tuesday and it has been doing this continuously when parked. The car is on software version 2022.23.101.2. Already made a service appointment for next week. I hope they can do something about it, it’s super annoying

Tesla downloaded 2022.24.6.6; I elected to not install. It has now downloaded 2022.28.2 and I will likely hold off one more round. Currently on a pre-buzz 2022.24.5.

Despite all the negativity around these forums, I have to say I love the car- country backroads and long-haul highway routes alike are wonderful to drive.
You and me in the exact same boat. Hold firm!

Reactions: navguy12
2022.28.2 installed on my beautiful Feb 2022 Blue Metallic MSLR from 2022.24.6.6. You know what it still sounds like. Very awesome though to get unlock "quick control" at top of screen. For safety I only have driver door unlock. Now it's not necessary to navigate screens to unlock for passengers.

Please describe more. How do I fix my squeaky interior?
i literally removed almost all trims and felt taped the S*** out of the car, all under the plastic, trims and fasteners.

only left with one rattle that i cannot find seems like coming from the inside of the B-pillar frame...don't laugh but i ordered a statoscope to pin point the location...suppose to arrive today so we'll see how that goes.

I have noticed the same issue - was working in the garage today and heard the car "click" and whine for a few minutes, stop then repeat over and over again. No wonder our vehicles are losing 3-4% a day. This has to be super hard on the vehicle. Hope a fix comes quick.

This is a 2022 MX

Reactions: iceman4014
I have noticed the same issue - was working in the garage today and heard the car "click" and whine for a few minutes, stop then repeat over and over again. No wonder our vehicles are losing 3-4% a day. This has to be super hard on the vehicle. Hope a fix comes quick.

This is a 2022 MX
Use the Tessie to monitor your car's activity including when it's asleep and battety drain. Set the app to not wake the car. Tessie comes with a free trial period. It would be informative to see your car's sleep pattern. My 2022 MSLR wakes about every 6 hours for about 20 minutes. I need to look to see if the battery looses more juice than normal with the buzzing. Gotta let it sit for about a day and a half.

Use the Tessie to monitor your car's activity including when it's asleep and battety drain. Set the app to not wake the car. Tessie comes with a free trial period. It would be informative to see your car's sleep pattern. My 2022 MSLR wakes about every 6 hours for about 20 minutes. I need to look to see if the battery looses more juice than normal with the buzzing. Gotta let it sit for about a day and a half.
Sounds normal. My ‘22 S wakes up every ~5 hours for about half an hour. My ‘21 S behaved the same. I have not updated to buzzy firmware yet either.

I'm glad I found this thread. I thought I was going crazy because I couldn't remember hearing the whine before. I guess I'll add my voice to the chorus chirping at Tesla Service. Not the best reason to start checking the forum regularly again but this is not a bad place to be.

i literally removed almost all trims and felt taped the S*** out of the car, all under the plastic, trims and fasteners.

only left with one rattle that i cannot find seems like coming from the inside of the B-pillar frame...don't laugh but i ordered a statoscope to pin point the location...suppose to arrive today so we'll see how that goes.
Found what i believe and hope was the last rattle thanks to my brand new statoscope. 2 bolts holding the plastic trim at the edge and bottom of the car (exterior) were completely loose so they were 'dancing' inside the bolt sleeve.

i wonder if tesla provide crack to their employee for free. 🤔

Reactions: navguy12
Found what i believe and hope was the last rattle thanks to my brand new statoscope. 2 bolts holding the plastic trim at the edge and bottom of the car (exterior) were completely loose so they were 'dancing' inside the bolt sleeve.

i wonder if tesla provide crack to their employee for free. 🤔
Excellent find! Can you provide a link to the statoscope you're using, thanks. We want to have the same success.

Last edited: