Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 20221007_140330.jpg
    20221007_140330.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Daniel454
So my car was delivered last week with Software 2022.23.101.2 which already had the buzzing/whining bug. Now today I get prompted to install 2022.28, not 2022.36. I sure hope that 2022.28 is just a prerequisite, and that very shortly after installing it, it'll prompt me to install 2022.36! 🤬😭

Not historically required a prior version... I'm still being prompted to install 2022.28.2, annoyingly. But I was also prompted to install 2022.24.6, which I didn't, and it removed that later and put the 2022.28.2. Might not be getting offered 2022.36 at this point because I'm in the FSD queue as of about 9 days ago, but then again so was @jebinc and he got offered the 2022.36.1 update yesterday.

Come on, Tesla. I NEED MY CARAOKE!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
This is how it's going to be from now on, isn't it?

Five years from now... 2027.28.1 is out. WHEW! NO BUZZ!
Buzzing was super annoying, especially in the garage, had to shut everything off to get rid of it. Glad they fixed it.

Also prior version did have other glitches, not sure if anyone noticed but when blinker was on, the green icon and car on dash weren't synchronized, that was just visual but weird none the less. Latest update fixed that as well.

Buzzing was super annoying, especially in the garage, had to shut everything off to get rid of it. Glad they fixed it.

Also prior version did have other glitches, not sure if anyone noticed but when blinker was on, the green icon and car on dash weren't synchronized, that was just visual but weird none the less. Latest update fixed that as well.
Bunch of visual nonsense like that for ages. Heck, would be nice if the 2022 refresh tail lights had the correct amber turn signals reflected on the driver’s display. Currently (or at least for me on 2022.4.5) the turn signals are just brake light flashing rather than the dedicated amber turn signal.

Reactions: Jeeps17
Not historically required a prior version... I'm still being prompted to install 2022.28.2, annoyingly. But I was also prompted to install 2022.24.6, which I didn't, and it removed that later and put the 2022.28.2. Might not be getting offered 2022.36 at this point because I'm in the FSD queue as of about 9 days ago, but then again so was @jebinc and he got offered the 2022.36.1 update yesterday.

Come on, Tesla. I NEED MY CARAOKE!!!!

And I’m so glad I upgraded to 2022.36.1, rather can continuing to do “the safety dance”. Why?

1. Getting rid of the 🐝 was top priority, over wonky beta FSD. I was only looking for better visualizations anyway

2. .36 improvements will be used, and more importantly, enjoyed more than frustrating FSD beta drunkin’ teen white knuckled driving. (Humor…)

3. Every paying/paid FSD owner will receive beta by year end (near term) anyway

Very happy with 2022.36.x. Even the new parking and neutral UI improvements, along with those new energy usage screens and data.

YMMV.

• Informative
Reactions: Almost and WilliamG
I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this. I’ve only owned a Tesla ~2 weeks. If my car is sleeping, does it still check for updates? I noticed the Wi-Fi disconnects while the car is sleeping but wakes up immediately if I use the Tesla App. I have the updates set to advanced. I just want that energy graph!

Attachments

• 45BE8B1C-A7F2-40A5-827C-F773C6DDC9C6.jpeg
    45BE8B1C-A7F2-40A5-827C-F773C6DDC9C6.jpeg
    276.1 KB · Views: 50
I don’t know if this is the right place to ask this. I’ve only owned a Tesla ~2 weeks. If my car is sleeping, does it still check for updates? I noticed the Wi-Fi disconnects while the car is sleeping but wakes up immediately if I use the Tesla App. I have the updates set to advanced. I just want that energy graph!
Normal. Car disconnects from WiFi when it's asleep. Patience, grasshopper. You'll get your update in due course, when the Tesla Gods deem you worthy.

Well, that's good news that this build fixed the buzzing.

Unrelated, but can anyone say if your interior lights are working correctly? I'm on 2022.20.18 and whenever you put the car in park, the dome lights slider moves to OFF and the ambient lights turn off. I can turn them back on, but as soon as I switch to drive and back to park, they go right back to off again. It's really annoying. Seems like an old bug that has come back:
Doesn’t happen to me , i put the car in park and the dome light slider stayed on auto

I let my 2014-with-a-2022-battery update to 2022.28.2 today, and no so far buzzing. When did the updated energy screen come out? The energy app is still the same on mine, and I didn't see any notes about karaoke, but the release notes mentioned being able to minimize the theatre window. Woo woo.... (not) That's not a feature I care about.