Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
R1S and Mercedes primarily also very intrigued by fisker Ocean, to name a few…
There are and will be a ton of EVs out there. I've not heard of Fisker Ocean and had to google it. It looks nice and has solar roof. However, don't expect Tesla to be the only one to have hardware and software problems. Competition is good and I'm excited to see them try to outdo each other on many fronts.

Reactions: Ash83
Not to minimize the frustration with issues they introduce, but the upside is we actually get significant new features on a somewhat regular basis. For me, the upgraded Nav with alternate routes and new Energy app alone are “worth” the buzzing noise for a month. Although not perfect, I think the seamless and functional Tesla software / UI is far better than Audi, BMW, Porsche, Polestar, etc. And Tesla leads the way with over the air updates.
There are other brands doing OTA updates that add and change features, although I think you’ll see them at a slower pace than Tesla who is seemingly much more comfortable taking risks with their software.

But I have a little secret as well: Apple CarPlay. You likely have a device in your pocket that is a throughput for one of the best software companies on the planet, receives regular massive updates to everything including CarPlay, and that tends to execute their updates very well.

CarPlay and the apps inside it have improved significantly over the past couple years I’ve been using it, iOS 16 just brought in seamless multi-stop route functionality to navigation along with some other stuff. Apple’s integration with vehicles will only deepen moving forward, we already know what they’re aiming for in the next generation of CarPlay-enabled vehicles and hopefully this pushes Tesla to up their game even further.

Well, that's good news that this build fixed the buzzing.

Unrelated, but can anyone say if your interior lights are working correctly? I'm on 2022.20.18 and whenever you put the car in park, the dome lights slider moves to OFF and the ambient lights turn off. I can turn them back on, but as soon as I switch to drive and back to park, they go right back to off again. It's really annoying. Seems like an old bug that has come back:

I’m glad it’s fixed but I will absolutely never purchase another Tesla again. Between the crap build quality and the crap software there are too many great options to put up with Tesla CRAP
my interest in the Plaid was not because it is a Tesla. but because of the performance without paying supercar money. I know for sure there will be other EVs in 4-5 years from now and they will be built better in terms of quality, but history showed us that old car manufacturer will still way up price their top of the line cars even they are not full carbon fiber or some fancy manterial. I hope I will be wrong and there will multiple options this fast or even faster in this same price segment.

my interest in the Plaid was not because it is a Tesla. but because of the performance without paying supercar money. I know for sure there will be other EVs in 4-5 years from now and they will be built better in terms of quality, but history showed us that old car manufacturer will still way up price their top of the line cars even they are not full carbon fiber or some fancy manterial. I hope I will be wrong and there will multiple options this fast or even faster in this same price segment.

I agree. I'm probably willing to accept a few issues because of that. But, we'll see if the competition catches up.

I'm eagerly awaiting for this update to get pushed to my car. Still on 2022.24.5 prebuzz and resisting update to 28. Does anyone know if updating to 2022.28 expedite queue to the last 2022.36?
I’m in the same boat and have had previous versions downloaded, then subsequently replaced by later versions (I have not installed any beyond 2022.24.5). I can only presume the same will happen with 2022.36. I’m going to hold fast for a few more days.

I'm eagerly awaiting for this update to get pushed to my car. Still on 2022.24.5 prebuzz and resisting update to 28. Does anyone know if updating to 2022.28 expedite queue to the last 2022.36?
I’m in the same boat and have had previous versions downloaded, then subsequently replaced by later versions (I have not installed any beyond 2022.24.5). I can only presume the same will happen with 2022.36. I’m going to hold fast for a few more days.
Same boat as the both of you. Sticking on 2022.24.5, had the 2022.24.6 show up and now pending 2022.28.2, but holding firm.

Another one... Fudge.. 2022.36.2

Feeling adventurous?! Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221007_134801_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20221007_134801_Tesla.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Informative
Reactions: Almost and NeuroRad
Another one... Fudge.. 2022.36.2

Feeling adventurous?! Lol
wow, downloading here as well.

Yeah, I'll go with it myself, for them to send out another one that quickly tells me they probably found something substantially wrong with the first one. Just REALLY hope it doesn't bring back the noise!

HAH, maybe that's what's wrong with .1, they didn't actually intend to stop the buzz!!! 🤣

wow, downloading here as well.

Yeah, I'll go with it myself, for them to send out another one that quickly tells me they probably found something substantially wrong with the first one. Just REALLY hope it doesn't bring back the noise!

HAH, maybe that's what's wrong with .1, they didn't actually intend to stop the buzz!!! 🤣
This time probably hornets will be back... Lol

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel454