Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I'm back in wait mode. I’m sure you can empathize…. Checking once an hour…. You know…
Same here. I get WiFi in my driveway and the car always shows as connected when I'm at home, but I only get one bar. I wonder if my WiFi connection is not strong enough? Too bad the car doesn't have an Ethernet port next to the charge port, I'd buy a 100 ft cable and run it right from my router!

Reactions: S&B's M3
Same here. I get WiFi in my driveway and the car always shows as connected when I'm at home, but I only get one bar. I wonder if my WiFi connection is not strong enough? Too bad the car doesn't have an Ethernet port next to the charge port, I'd buy a 100 ft cable and run it right from my router!
I installed an access point, directly above my Tesla, hard wired to my router exactly for this reason.

IMG_1678S.JPG

I had same issue with mine. Phone had good wifi and yet the car couldn’t connect. Ended up doing mobile hotspot to get the update downloaded.

Reactions: Fleetwood75

Doesn't matter, anyway. When the car goes to sleep it disconnects from WiFi.

If your router supports 2G and 5G use the 2G for your Tesla. It's not as fast but is longer range and goes thru walls easier. You'll probably see more bars. Waiting for the buzzz fixing update caused me to ensure a 2G connection. I now show more bars.

This SC is incompetent. Tell them to get you updated to 2022.36.2 before you pick up the car to fix the issue.

if they did make sure to check the rear screen as .36 has some reports of causing blank screen in the rear display.

Tell them to wash the exterior, vacuum the interior, and cut your sandwich on the diagonal.

The SCs' competence is not at play here. They do not control the software version if your VIN is not set to receive it yet.

@dualies1968 as frustrating as it is, be patient. 36.2 dies fix it and it is out. Yours will come soon.

Tell them to wash the exterior, vacuum the interior, and cut your sandwich on the diagonal.

The SCs' competence is not at play here. They do not control the software version if your VIN is not set to receive it yet.
Not true. SC has the tools to force your VIN to get a software, they done it for me when they forced the update to fix the screen overheating and flicker when supercharging back in April (Tesla recalls 130,000 vehicles due to CPU overheating, but the fix is again a software update) with 2022.12.3

The question is do they want to do it? not can then do it?