Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
63C0295D-0A18-4373-84D5-4A4DDCE52226.jpeg

I'd like to pose a question to the group.

Has anyone who purchased FSD in the last 4-8 weeks received any software updates?

I purchased FSD about 2 months ago and I have not received any updates since then. My current version is 2022.28.2. I would love to get an update that will reduce the whining in my 2022 MSLR, but I wonder if my pending FSD will make that impossible.

I'm working with the assumption that the FSD software is bundled with a 'standard 2022.x.x' build that will be downloaded at some point in the future, but I cannot find any details about when or how the FSD feature is delivered. I am in the queue, and I've got plenty of autopilot miles and a 95 safety score so I have completed the auditioning process that makes me eligible for the purchased feature.

I'd like to pose a question to the group.

Has anyone who purchased FSD in the last 4-8 weeks received any software updates?

I purchased FSD about 2 months ago and I have not received any updates since then. My current version is 2022.28.2. I would love to get an update that will reduce the whining in my 2022 MSLR, but I wonder if my pending FSD will make that impossible.

I'm working with the assumption that the FSD software is bundled with a 'standard 2022.x.x' build that will be downloaded at some point in the future, but I cannot find any details about when or how the FSD feature is delivered. I am in the queue, and I've got plenty of autopilot miles and a 95 safety score so I have completed the auditioning process that makes me eligible for the purchased feature.
I received my 2022 MSLR in late August with FSD and requested Beta right away. Have 2736 miles as of today with over 200 autopilot miles. Have been holding a score of 98 ever since. Still no Beta. I just received the 2022.36.5 update last night. Was on 2022.28.2 for several weeks with the buzzing sound. 36.5 eliminated the buzzing.

I received my 2022 MSLR in late August with FSD and requested Beta right away. Have 2736 miles as of today with over 200 autopilot miles. Have been holding a score of 98 ever since. Still no Beta. I just received the 2022.36.5 update last night. Was on 2022.28.2 for several weeks with the buzzing sound. 36.5 eliminated the buzzing.

Well.... there goes my theory that I wasn't receiving the 2022.36.x update because I was in the FSD queue. So I don't have FSD but I DO have the buzzing.

Oddly, my MS has been uploading a LOT of data over the last week or so and I thought that might mean something. Three different days over 600 MB were uploaded and I can't imagine why that would be if it wasn't related to a planned upgrade of some sort. I hate not having access to information about the interaction between my car and the 'mothership'.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
For the record, extremely happy to be rid of the buzzin, but my kid is NOT happy that Disney+ doesn't work now....
So frustrating when a previously fixed bug comes back.... Got 40.4 last night and still broken there as well.

EDIT: That looks like it could be a D+ issue according to another thread I just found...

Last edited:
Just to confirm- You Are burning THE CANDLE...are you not? Be sure it's in a Southern facing window and you have good LTE. 🤣

View attachment 869929
I finally got the notice to download 2022.36.5 this morning! Unfortunately by the time it downloaded it was too late for me to initiate the install before going to work, so I set it to install tonight. Sounds like this will be the end of all of my problems!

Glad the new version is rolling out. I am still being prompted to install 28.2 but I will continue to ignore that update - hopefully they will let me jump directly from 24.6.6 to 36+.

If I am reading the tea leaves correctly, it appears that the recent updates have all been 2022.36.5 or .6. I actually got both yesterday within a couple of hours.

For those in the FSD queue, it appears that it may come bundled in the 2022.36.15 release.

As of last nights update to 40.4 I now have a slight but extremely high pitched whine coming from the car. It’s difficult to pinpoint exact where its emanating from but the situation of when it’s happening vs when it’s not is identical to the prior buzz we have experienced in this thread. (Only happens when awake and the high voltage is engaged) Anyone else??