Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well, I Rejected my White P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish I could help, I didn't know there was a tesla auto body support!

Yeah, information is available here: Body Shop Support

Was told by one of their representatives that they only handle repairs/defects associated with Tesla's that have been in accidents, etc.; not anything related to due bills. Went back to the Service Center again today, and was now told to go to a Tesla approved body shop to get an estimate for the repairs.

Yeah, information is available here: Body Shop Support

Was told by one of their representatives that they only handle repairs/defects associated with Tesla's that have been in accidents, etc.; not anything related to due bills. Went back to the Service Center again today, and was now told to go to a Tesla approved body shop to get an estimate for the repairs.
You should push back since they should be paying no matter the estimate. Sounds like they are stalling for time to me. The delivery center literally towed my car on a flatbed to the body shop to avoid putting any miles on it. Seems like you should not have to go out of your way to get an estimate. It's not your fault they don't know how to build / deliver a car without glaring issues.

Update:
Still taking the car in Friday for rattle and window, but service center called with good news. I had linked them to this post regarding the scratches on the window and showing that the door panel had been in for service before. Because of past history and problems, they are just going to replace the window glass instead of trying to buff out the scratch! Hopefully they can find the clip or whatever it is rolling around inside the door too. Despite all the mistakes and having to push back sometimes it looks like Tesla is taking care of every issue I have had. Hard to be mad about that!

Because of past history and problems, they are just going to replace the window glass instead of trying to buff out the scratch! Hopefully they can find the clip or whatever it is rolling around inside the door too. Despite all the mistakes and having to push back sometimes it looks like Tesla is taking care of every issue I have had. Hard to be mad about that!

Glad to hear that everything will be taken care of !! Let us know how it works out. I hope my experience at the Tesla approved body shop for paint defects goes smoothly.....

It's back at the body shop for some more paint issues and a really annoying trunk rattle. It also looks like the door is somehow rubbing the paint, but it's also misaligned and sticks out a bit from the body. Perhaps the issues are related.
Never buy a tesla that comes with paint issues.
PaintCrack1.jpg
paintcrack2.jpg
paintcrack3.jpg

I don't know the name of the original shop they used because they turned off tracking on my car, but I can see the location of the new one.
It looks (from evidence on this site) that some Mode 3's leave Fremont in great shape and stay that way. Some leave Fremont in great shape and get trashed enroute to delivery. And some Model 3's should never have left Fremont at all.
Robin

It's back at the body shop for some more paint issues and a really annoying trunk rattle. It also looks like the door is somehow rubbing the paint, but it's also misaligned and sticks out a bit from the body. Perhaps the issues are related.
Never buy a tesla that comes with paint issues.
View attachment 427041 View attachment 427042 View attachment 427043
My latest white model 3 has really bad/sloppy seam sealer or whatever it is as well, especially the trunk. My 2018 MSM was not as bad but had its own plethora of fit and finish issues. I have a sample size of only 2, built in 2 different years, but both make it apparent they are just cranking these things out as fast as they can without concern to quality workmanship. The tech is strong, but the assembly leaves plenty to be desired.

Reactions: N5329K
My latest white model 3 has really bad/sloppy seam sealer or whatever it is as well, especially the trunk. My 2018 MSM was not as bad but had its own plethora of fit and finish issues. I have a sample size of only 2, built in 2 different years, but both make it apparent they are just cranking these things out as fast as they can without concern to quality workmanship. The tech is strong, but the assembly leaves plenty to be desired.
Gloppy sealant/adhesive around the doors was something I noticed way back last year when I took a demo ride in a very early Model 3. Not crucial, but indicative about how and where the company was (and remains) focused. Loved how the car drove and handled. Didn't understand their lack of attention to detail.
Robin

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Even though they had turned off the internet connectivity for the tesla app, I got a notification that Sentry mode was turning off due to low battery power. That sure is allot of battery drain for 6 days! I charged it to 80% an drove it about 17 miles to the service center when I dropped it off...