Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well, I Rejected my White P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm definitely hearing a rattle from the rear passenger door panel. Sounds like something rolling around every time I step on the gas.

Are you planning on having the body shop correct it or do you think they will make it worse ? Our 2016 Volt driver's side interior door card rattles. On my first visit to service in 2016, I asked them to fix it. They told me "could not duplicate problem" even though I could hear it as soon as I drove off the lot. Of course, on this same appointment, the left front fender got dented when somebody ran into the charge port door. Asked about it on subsequent appointments, but again "could not duplicate problem". I should have taken it to another Chevrolet dealer, but now the car is out of warranty. Good luck with whatever you decide !

Are you planning on having the body shop correct it or do you think they will make it worse ? Our 2016 Volt driver's side interior door card rattles. On my first visit to service in 2016, I asked them to fix it. They told me "could not duplicate problem" even though I could hear it as soon as I drove off the lot. Of course, on this same appointment, the left front fender got dented when somebody ran into the charge port door. Asked about it on subsequent appointments, but again "could not duplicate problem". I should have taken it to another Chevrolet dealer, but now the car is out of warranty. Good luck with whatever you decide !
Why through this with my last car. Took 3 dealers until one said, No Problem and took the panel off and replaced a broken bracket. The rattle was enough to dive me mad in that car. The other two blamed me because they could tell the panel had been removed (some marks I missed when buying it) the first dealer sold me a certified used car that had been in an unreported accident and denied it was like that when i purchased. Paint started flaking from that area soon after. Needless to say the good dealership got all my business there after and I will never step foot into the first one for the rest of my life.

I expect I won't have to go through that with the Tesla. They have already asked when I can come back.

I just bought the car on 12/31... the car had a scratch and went to the body shop... he said it happens in transportation tot he facility sometimes. I have no issue with this as long as they make it right. Get the car next Saturday...

Wow - your car is in the body shop already ? I took delivery on 12/5/18 and my body shop consult was on 12/13/18. My actual appointment to get the paint corrected isn't until 2/18/19 - which was the first available appointment. My Model 3 had several paint defects on the outside and some in the door sill.

Finally got a picture. I had to take it from the ground to get it to show up best. Looking directly at the window it is hard to see.
glassScratch.jpg

Wow - I can see how that would show up with tint. Is it a really deep scratch ?
no it's very light and hard to see unless you get the camera at the right angle. I would not expect someone to see this when looking over the car for paint issues after redelivery...

here is my first attempt at a picture showing the same area in the daylight.
IMG_20190103_102806.jpg

However got the bad news today that I waited to long to contact the delivery manager (didn't know I needed to until I went to my scheduled service appointment) which was booked for January due to the holidays etc. Basically Tesla delays can now be used against me.

Hopefully the service center's body shop can buff out the glass, or I'll be paying for a new window damaged while they were fixing the paint.

I love the car but I can see why others would never want to buy a Tesla. It's been a miserable car buying experience. I don't think I'll ever buy another expensive car again. Or at least I won't buy another Tesla unless they get their *sugar* together.

Last edited:
Update on my situation (I posted above): I ended up buying a certified pre-owned model S. Totally different buying experience. I am very happy with how everything turned out. I think the end of year/end of full tax credit really pushed Tesla to the limit.

Finally got a picture. I had to take it from the ground to get it to show up best. Looking directly at the window it is hard to see.
View attachment 366545
that's a pretty clear scratch. i hope it works out and you get the rattles addressed!

i did notice a paint scratch the day after getting my car home. I picked it up in the evening. i have a due bill for that and a couple other minor things, hopefully all is resolved at the first service visit, some time in "feb".

Glad everything went okay after all!
I had delivery on Saturday and I also had to not accept the delivery. I had a few scratches and was worried to go through a the headache you went if I had accepted the car.

Most of them are minor scratches but one of them requires a paint job.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Di5PNULPW5WJMvmL8

Would you have accepted this?
So I had refused the first delivery, and on Dec 29 had a other delivery, this time I accepted but I wasn't as disciplined in going through the check list point and concentrated mostly on the paint!
Anyone who reads this : CHECK THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR CAR (even if you look like a fool for 5 mins)!

I drove from Tesla service center to home, about 10km and I observe there are two scratches nears the Jack points on the plastic both on the rear side. And a little bit of minor scratches on the interior driver side A-pillar (not sure if that's how you'd refer it).

I scheduled an appointment for service but the earliest spot is February 5th at 7h30am!

They've contacted me via email and I showed them the pictures and also told them I've only driven from Tesla SC to home so far (a total of 10km) the car has a total of 25km (was delivered with 15km).

What are my chances they'll fix this under warranty?

20190107_182607.jpg
20190107_182236.jpg
20190107_182718.jpg

So I had refused the first delivery, and on Dec 29 had a other delivery, this time I accepted but I wasn't as disciplined in going through the check list point and concentrated mostly on the paint!
Anyone who reads this : CHECK THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR CAR (even if you look like a fool for 5 mins)!

I drove from Tesla service center to home, about 10km and I observe there are two scratches nears the Jack points on the plastic both on the rear side. And a little bit of minor scratches on the interior driver side A-pillar (not sure if that's how you'd refer it).

I scheduled an appointment for service but the earliest spot is February 5th at 7h30am!

They've contacted me via email and I showed them the pictures and also told them I've only driven from Tesla SC to home so far (a total of 10km) the car has a total of 25km (was delivered with 15km).

What are my chances they'll fix this under warranty?

View attachment 367160 View attachment 367161 View attachment 367162
Contact your delivery manager and have them add it to the due bill. If you wait for service to tell you to do that, you may end up in a situation like I am. I'm sure they will get you fixed up, but make sure it's on the "due bill".

Glamisduner, I'm having several issues in getting my cosmetic defects resolved as well.

Took delivery of the car on 12/14 (at night) and sent numerous pictures of exterior and interior defects to my Owner Advisor on the 12/16. I was told that a case was created and followed up with customer support on 12/19 to verify everything was on the due bill. The individual stated it was and scheduled an appointment for me this week to get the issues resolved.

I went to the service center this week to drop off my car and was advised that there is a new policy in place where I now need to contact Tesla Auto Body Support who will then route me to an approved body shop in the area. After reaching out to Tesla Auto Body Support, I was told that that policy is incorrect and that I need to go back to the Service Center.

Been extremely frustrating to say the least and no one seems to have a clear answer...

Glamisduner, I'm having several issues in getting my cosmetic defects resolved as well.

Took delivery of the car on 12/14 (at night) and sent numerous pictures of exterior and interior defects to my Owner Advisor on the 12/16. I was told that a case was created and followed up with customer support on 12/19 to verify everything was on the due bill. The individual stated it was and scheduled an appointment for me this week to get the issues resolved.

I went to the service center this week to drop off my car and was advised that there is a new policy in place where I now need to contact Tesla Auto Body Support who will then route me to an approved body shop in the area. After reaching out to Tesla Auto Body Support, I was told that that policy is incorrect and that I need to go back to the Service Center.

Been extremely frustrating to say the least and no one seems to have a clear answer...
I wish I could help, I didn't know there was a tesla auto body support!