Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1660059877547.png

As of Aug 9 2022

Also, third Merritt nice!

Government supported chargers are getting nearer. One deadline is this Thursday.

The Zero Emission Vehicle Infrastructure Program (ZEVIP) is a $680 million initiative ending in 2027 and its objective is to address the lack of charging and refuelling stations in Canada;

The Request for Proposals (RFP) focusing on public places, on-street, multi-unit residential buildings, workplaces and vehicle fleets is now open until August 11, 2022 (23:59 Eastern Daylight Time).

It would be cool if someone could put a couple of those 25 kw single phase units there though. BC hydro puts those in places that have limited three phase power. Twice as fast a a Tesla destination charger.
I used one of those recently (Mount Robson Visitor Center) and with the Chademo adapter I was only pulling 16 kw while on a high power AC charger I have seen 12kw (M3 LR). Even on a 50 kw BC Hydro unit with a relatively low battery I was only able to get ~36 kw. The thing about Chademo is it's best case scenario and it's amperage limited so to get the full rated rate you need a relatively full battery, at which point your car may not be able to accept that much charge. Overall I was disappointed in the Chademo adapter and while I was glad to have borrowed one for the Jasper to Kamloops stretch, I'm happy not to have spent the money to buy one. The person I borrowed it from has a M3 SR so he has it for peace of mind, plus the SR AC charging maxes around 7 kw.

I used one of those recently (Mount Robson Visitor Center) and with the Chademo adapter I was only pulling 16 kw while on a high power AC charger I have seen 12kw (M3 LR). Even on a 50 kw BC Hydro unit with a relatively low battery I was only able to get ~36 kw. The thing about Chademo is it's best case scenario and it's amperage limited so to get the full rated rate you need a relatively full battery, at which point your car may not be able to accept that much charge. Overall I was disappointed in the Chademo adapter and while I was glad to have borrowed one for the Jasper to Kamloops stretch, I'm happy not to have spent the money to buy one. The person I borrowed it from has a M3 SR so he has it for peace of mind, plus the SR AC charging maxes around 7 kw.
Yah. We have both the CCS and Chademo adapter. Did a comparison test at around 72 percent. Both were around 37kw if I remember correctly. They do eventually climb in the mid or even high 40 ‘s though. Such a huge size difference between the two adapters. Wow.
A0D4376D-7FBA-438C-87CC-3A0713B9C261.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: bpjod and navguy12
Delta, BC - Supercharger Update

Not sure if this is valid enough evidence for a new chat topic or construction cone on the map.

I just heard from my contact in Delta, BC that works for the Municipality. The owners of the Save On Foods at 5138 Ladner Trunk Road, Delta, BC have had their minor development permit for changes to their parking lot approved this week. The party that submitted the permit is named Tesla and a contractor. Given that Delta, BC is to get a new Supercharger, looks like this is the location.

Construction should being soon.

Delta, BC - Supercharger Update

Not sure if this is valid enough evidence for a new chat topic or construction cone on the map.

I just heard from my contact in Delta, BC that works for the Municipality. The owners of the Save On Foods at 5138 Ladner Trunk Road, Delta, BC have had their minor development permit for changes to their parking lot approved this week. The party that submitted the permit is named Tesla and a contractor. Given that Delta, BC is to get a new Supercharger, looks like this is the location.

Construction should being soon.
I would flag in a new thread Possible Supercharger.

tesla needs to do something about the taxis taking up all the spots in kelowna. My car went completely dead waiting for a spot. I asked a taxi to move so I could at least get one minute charge to get home and he wouldn't saying "this is out home base, they built this for our taxis".........uh, don't think so bud. I believe it's in the agreement with tesla that the taxis have to move if someone is waiting. They literally take all the spots all day long. Most werent even sitting in the car they just left and one guy was sleeping in his car

tesla needs to do something about the taxis taking up all the spots in kelowna. My car went completely dead waiting for a spot. I asked a taxi to move so I could at least get one minute charge to get home and he wouldn't saying "this is out home base, they built this for our taxis".........uh, don't think so bud. I believe it's in the agreement with tesla that the taxis have to move if someone is waiting. They literally take all the spots all day long. Most werent even sitting in the car they just left and one guy was sleeping in his car
Just order a five taxi pickup from one of the hotels - was It Current Taxis?