Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red Deer Supercharger ready.
I'm probably stealing thunder from Edable here but I'm not sure if he will post here tonight or not. Maybe he can fill in details as I believe he was talking to the Tesla commissioning tech.
This is probably a surprise to people on this thread as I think the consensus was that Canmore might be ready sooner. Maybe the tech is headed there next?

Maybe the official opening is tomorrow. Now I'm really itching to get my car.

Last edited:
Red Deer Supercharger ready.
I'm probably stealing thunder from Edable here but I'm not sure if he will post here tonight or not. Maybe he can fill in details as I believe he was talking to the Tesla commissioning tech.
This is probably a surprise to people on this thread as I think the consensus was that Canmore might be ready sooner. Maybe the tech is headed there next?

Maybe the official opening is tomorrow. Now I'm really itching to get my car.

I saw a tweet that the Red Deer charger is open.

Awesome! This one seemed to go up fast. Maybe Tesla is finally learning how to navigate the various bureaucratic hurdles that seems to come with projects like this.

Balderdash. There are still stations in the U.S. that have been under construction for months and months. This problem is not unique to Canada.

I must have hit a nerve - you used the B word. Of course we don't know if the fact that this only started last year was Tesla de-prioritizing Canada or if they were already in discussions. It is probably also different from province to province anyway. BC Hydro has come under some fire in this thread. Right @Canuck?

Our cars are close in number, we may end up taking delivery at the same time, how bout you go east i will go west and we can meet for coffee in salmon arm and compare vehicles and notes!

The plan is to take the fam down the west coast some day to visit disney and all that good stuff

We sure are close in number. I also have a friend that 714... I can see a convoy! Still have fingers crossed for December this year...

Looks like Red Deer is open according to Tesla's site :)!

Just phoned Tesla Service in Vancouver - 'officially' the SC in Red Deer is not open, they still have some concrete work to finish up. 'Unofficially' the unit has power and their test vehicle has successfully used it but then again this is unofficial and could be just an Internet Fabrication™ and in no way should be used to get someone in Vancouver fired from their job. :) Time for a little road trip methinks.

If it's listed on Tesla's web site, then it is officially open. By definition.

As noted above, it also appears in the nav system in the car. It doesn't get any more "officially open" than that.
Feel free to take the terminology discussion over to Tesla themselves. The Supercharger is indeed active & working, I drove out tonight to check it out:
[EDIT]*argh* I've tried to fix the unrotated image, sorry for any neck kinks. :(
RD.Supercharger.Rate.JPG

RD.Supercharger.Bays.jpg

Attachments

• RD.Supercharger.Rate.JPG
    RD.Supercharger.Rate.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 332
Thanks for the update and pics Spurkey.

I think it's pretty much confirmed by the many posts here that what service centre people tell us isn't necessarily always correct. But this "officially" vs. "unofficially" opened issue did give me a good laugh. As said by PoweredByRain, what can be more official than being live both in the car and on the map?

This is similar to when I bought a Tesla bottle at a Florida store and the sales rep told me it was made of aluminium like the car. I looked at the bottom and it said "Made of Stainless Steel".