Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moose Jaw SK supercharger is going in!!! FINALLY

I'm on the hunt for an update for Swift Current, Regina, and Brandon. Some other rumors that there may be another charger closer to Saskatoon or north? We'll see

Thru the Saskatchewan Electric Vehicle Association, I have invested some time in this search as well over the last month or so. The tricky part is that not every city requires a permit for this kind of infrastructure.

City of Swift current has a formal permit for a supercharger.

Regina doesnt require a permit for this type of build, couldnt track down any other info.

Maple creek currently has a formal permit for a supercharger

Moosomin had a formal permit for a supercharger but Tesla unfortunately cancelled it a few weeks ago. Too bad, because the Town of Moosomin really seemed to "get it" and they were excited

Does anyone live in Medicine Hat? They have a formal permit there as well, but haven't heard of any construction yet

Now let's not get hasty and add a bunch of blue dots to a certain type of map before we confirm construction on these sites haha

Apparently Tesla has scheduled and cancelled construction at some of these locations several times

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kruzat and mociaf9
Moose Jaw SK supercharger is going in!!! FINALLY

I'm on the hunt for an update for Swift Current, Regina, and Brandon. Some other rumors that there may be another charger closer to Saskatoon or north? We'll see

FYI - Last week, I was at the alleged Portage la Prairie MB and Winnipeg MB permit sites and saw no signs of construction. I reported in another thread (forgot where).

Moosomin had a formal permit for a supercharger but Tesla unfortunately cancelled it a few weeks ago. Too bad, because the Town of Moosomin really seemed to "get it" and they were excited
Bummer, yeah they really seemed on board with it locally. :( Any word on what happened?

If nobody here is in the Medicine Hat area, or knows anyone there; Depending on timing, because I have a specific hard point on my schedule for June 26 in Calgary, I can swing through either on the way to Calgary or back. The issue on the way out is that it is a shorter for me via the northern route though Kindersley. Assuming that Kindersley Peavey Mart charger is still up at the old location, or they moved it to the new location?

Come to think of it, maybe it is safer to take the #1 anyway?

It'd be great to expand the Canmore, Red Deer and Golden SC from 4 to at least 8.
Tesla, Plugshare, and Supercharge.info all show Canmore as having only 4 supercharger stalls. But a report on the Peaks to Praries Southern Alberta EV Network given to the Canmore town council (it's in the agenda of the 2019-06-18 meeting; downloadable HERE) says that it's already 8 stalls and that Tesla is also looking for another partner in Canmore for an additional 8 stall station.
  • Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn-- eight Level 3 (DC fast) chargers--Tesla vehicles only;...
Tesla is also seeking a partner within Canmore to site another eight stall charging station, and have indicated they would also install two public stalls as part of that station, at their cost. (emphasis added)
My reading is that either they just made a mistake in reporting the number of stalls or that a planned expansion to 8 was already taken into account. Possibly because it is relatively imminent. So, while I doubt that active construction on an expansion of the Canmore station (to 8 stalls) has already started--none has been reported on TMC nor on Plugshare (which has recent check-ins)--it could already be planned and soon forthcoming. Maybe as part of Tesla's build out of the TCH this summer and fall? I would imagine that the second station they mentioned, should it ever eventuate, would come much later. And that the 2 "public" stalls mentioned in connection would be Level 2 chargers (i.e. J1772).

Supercharger- Canmore, AB_possible expansion.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: mrElbe and MarcoRP
Looks like 8 stall supercharger is coming to Osoyoos, supposedly this summer:

Tesla gives town a gift - Osoyoos News

I find it odd that only 4 of the 8 stalls would be reserved for Teslas, surely all 8 would be reserved for charging vehicles and they are Tesla specific... Nice of Tesla to also install what sounds like 8 J1772 stations (4 at the same location as the supercharger and 4 more location TBD.)

I find it odd that only 4 of the 8 stalls would be reserved for Teslas, surely all 8 would be reserved for charging vehicles and they are Tesla specific... Nice of Tesla to also install what sounds like 8 J1772 stations (4 at the same location as the supercharger and 4 more location TBD.)
*Sees picture on the linked article*
That, my friends, is a V3 station.

Last edited:

It's pretty common to have half the stalls available for "general parking" usually with a time limit (I've seen 10, 15, 30, and 60 minutes). This is often to satisfy local laws about having X number of general parking spaces for whatever business.