Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to me supercharger.info site is down.

Link from supercharge.info has it permitted already and points to this post: Mid-Canada Superchargers
RPr2V4Z.jpg

Could anyone in Burnaby check out Brentwood Mall and its’ new development out for Superchargers? Rumour has it that the Burnaby Supercharger will be located here.

Thx, M.R. PlugShare

• Informative
Reactions: bpjod
Brentwood Mall. Not much to report, the three condo towers have yet to be completed and occupied. Whether the underground parking is a shared facility for both mall traffic and the residents has yet to be seen. The mall renovation is far from being started, they are focused on making up lost time with seasonal delays to complete the residential towers.
Until the buildings become occupied (say months away) there is no real way to see what going on there.
I will keep an eye on things ;-)

There was a post to an Alberta EV Facebook group showing public notice of an approved permit for a charging station at 1941 Strachan Road SE. There was a similar public notice for a different site a month ago, but it seems likely that one of these will be a Tesla supercharger station.
You didn't mention which city but it looks like Medicine Hat?

Reactions: emupilot
Nice! This will be so, so sweet. Kindersley Peavymart makes this an easy, safe LR Model 3 trip from Saskatoon. Same with the few L2s on the #1 from Regina.

Unfortunate that unless they've broken ground already no way it happens in time for my trip next month.

There was a post to an Alberta EV Facebook group showing public notice of an approved permit for a charging station at 1941 Strachan Road SE. There was a similar public notice for a different site a month ago, but it seems likely that one of these will be a Tesla supercharger station.
The address in the above link is a Petri-Can station. I believe the Petro-cans are doing their own, non-Tesla specific thing?

Strachan Road in Medicine Hat is the Canadian Tire. It was the managing company for Canadian Tire locations across Canada that had publicly stated in an interview last year that they have an agreement with Tesla Canada, right?

<edit> Or was it Walmart Canada? Because there is also a Walmart located on that road, in the same overall shopping complex.

Last edited:
Any info on upcoming additions for

-North half Vancouver island

-Highway 97 Prince George

-Kootenays.

Thank you.
I think Campbell River and Tofino might have some hope, but I wouldn't expect anything further north than that. I was able to drive to Port Hardy rather easily last summer. I charged in Woss and Port Hardy (at the Chamber of Commerce or whatever it was). There was also a campground south of Woss with charging available for a small fee. All of them were in working order and relatively fast, like 80kph for a Model S. They are all listed on Plugshare. The biggest issue would be if you encountered one that was already in use as I think they were all single stall public chargers. They get relatively little use based on looking at Plugshare comments, but it could be catastrophic if it happens to you. For this reason I always charged enough to be able to skip the next one if necessary.

The Port Hardy charger is right in the middle of town so everything the town has to offer is within walking distance. The campground had a convenience store and Woss had a gas station and crappy Asian restaurant about a quarter mile away.

I think Campbell River and Tofino might have some hope, but I wouldn't expect anything further north than that. I was able to drive to Port Hardy rather easily last summer. I charged in Woss and Port Hardy (at the Chamber of Commerce or whatever it was). There was also a campground south of Woss with charging available for a small fee. All of them were in working order and relatively fast, like 80kph for a Model S. They are all listed on Plugshare. The biggest issue would be if you encountered one that was already in use as I think they were all single stall public chargers. They get relatively little use based on looking at Plugshare comments, but it could be catastrophic if it happens to you. For this reason I always charged enough to be able to skip the next one if necessary.

The Port Hardy charger is right in the middle of town so everything the town has to offer is within walking distance. The campground had a e convenience store and Woss had a gas station and crappy Asian restaurant about a quarter mile away.

Thanks for the input.

Hey all. New supercharger location (IMO, now highly likely instead of just "possible") identified just a bit south of Blaine, WA. It's right off I-5, about 12 mi from the US-Canada border: Supercharger - Blaine, WA (possible)

Address: 8135 Birch Bay Square St, Blaine, WA 98230

Now very, very likely a supercharger though not quite definitive until someone goes by to get pics. Open call to any Canadians (or other readers of this TMC section) driving past the location to make a quick extra stop to get the confirmatory goods for us.

My personal preference is something more central, such as in the Underground portion of the Metrotown complex parkade. North side wall between the theatre parking and the superstore parking on P3 would be nice. Having seen what happens when the snow piles up back in February, is the basis of my suggestion. Food for thought, Cheers, Hugh