Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's owned by the city, you might get away with doing a bunch of 10-minute charges and taking laps around the block in between. However, private garages grew weary of this rather quickly at supercharger locations in San Diego and Seattle.

Vancouver has EasyPark which operates as a company and is as aggressive on parking as any private company. This lot uses plate readers so no way to be subtle. You'd likely get stopped pretty fast. But, if you just need a tiny boost to get home after getting off the ferry with a low charge, it's perfect! (my case once)

Article says 6 stalls. That would be pretty strange for a fill-in location clearly meant to add capacity rather than to provide new geographic coverage. I wonder if they meant 16??
Most of the TCH superchargers were 6-stall installations. It will most likely 2 v3 cabinets with wiring for 8 stalls but only 6 stalls open at first. Not sure why they are doing it this way, but this is what they have been doing.

Most of the TCH superchargers were 6-stall installations. It will most likely 2 v3 cabinets with wiring for 8 stalls but only 6 stalls open at first. Not sure why they are doing it this way, but this is what they have been doing.

6 stalls makes some sense for coverage in remote parts of the TCH. But it makes no sense here - I mean, Chilliwack is between Hope (10 stalls) and Abbotsford (12 stalls), and the existing gap is only ~90 km... Time will tell - clearly logic has its limits in predicting Tesla supercharger installs!

6 stalls makes some sense for coverage in remote parts of the TCH. But it makes no sense here - I mean, Chilliwack is between Hope (10 stalls) and Abbotsford (12 stalls), and the existing gap is only ~90 km... Time will tell - clearly logic has its limits in predicting Tesla supercharger installs!
The fact that it is close to Hope and Abbotsford means it won't be a necessary stop for most drivers. Therefore it can be any number of stalls without causing a true bottleneck. It's very possible that the host didn't want to give up any more than ~6-8 parking stalls. The host may change their mind after trying out the 6-stall supercharger. Or Tesla may build yet another supercharger in the area at some point down the road.

The fact that it is close to Hope and Abbotsford means it won't be a necessary stop for most drivers. Therefore it can be any number of stalls without causing a true bottleneck. It's very possible that the host didn't want to give up any more than ~6-8 parking stalls. The host may change their mind after trying out the 6-stall supercharger. Or Tesla may build yet another supercharger in the area at some point down the road.

Chilliwack SC is a great spot. Hope with 10 stalls are frequently full during weekends and holidays. Anyone with LR can skip Hope and Merritt to make it to Kelowna/Kamloops.

This will be a very welcome addition! I was in the area for a week around Labour Day and the Hope supercharger was a parking lot more than once. I took a trip to Chilliwack and that necessitated a stop in Hope to charge before heading back to my destination, and had to wait for a stall. With a new supercharger in the 'wack, wouldn't have needed to!

• Funny
Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
at a local Tesla social event last month, a rep said new Superchargers are coming soon to Tsawwassen, North Vancouver and West Vancouver. No confirmation of exact locations or schedule. I hadn't noticed before but those 3 locations are listed on Tesla's website, in addition to Vancouver itself (also "coming soon"). Tesla Superchargers in Canada | Tesla Canada
That was posted in Nov 2017 in theTsawwassen Supercharger thread. I would have hoped that almost three years later that announcement would have become reality. But no...
I'm in North Vancouver and they've listed two future supercharger locations on the north shore of Vancouver for .. a long time..(?) with no movement.
Yes, it’s frustrating. I’m planning a trip to Vancouver next spring, staying in the West Van area, and it’s hard to find nice rental places with EV charging (though not impossible). A Supercharger in that area would be very helpful. I’m guessing that Tesla is having a difficult time finding suitable locations. Parking lot owners are not always willing to give up precious parking spaces just for the convenience of Tesla owners.

In West and North Van I have not found any DC fast charging sites that I could use. I don’t want to buy a CHAdeMO adaptor and of course can’t use CCS.

Tesla is looking for Supercharger Site Hosts in Toronto and Vancouver.
Deadline December 18.

Apply here:
Host a Supercharger
Can you please change your link to this one?

Host a Supercharger

Also, this is a great chance to get a list of all the local malls. We could probably get a Tesla charger in every Vancouver city by 2022.

Electrek picked up that story as well, see Tesla pushes to expand Supercharger network in Canada, launches search for new site hosts - Electrek

Let’s hope this results in more Superchargers in the Vancouver area!

Sure. But it would also be nice to see them all through the Kootenays, the 97 corridor through Prince George, etc. Might put a crimp on Chademo adapter sales though.

I get it and we use Superchargers in the greater Vancouver area when we travel there. But it seems the interior is still a barren wasteland without a lot of Superchargers.

Kudos to Tesla for the few that are coming though. Every location helps. Would love to see a service/sales centre in Kelowna.