Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wh/Mi Display Change [Feature Request]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sometimes like to view the current wh/mi number to check the energy efficiency of my driving. The problem is that I have tap 'trips' and that the display takes over the right side of the screen and blocks the map.

I was wondering if any of you would think that it would be useful to display the current wh/mi number just above Regeneration / Acceleration Line and to the left of the miles/battery percent number? Then there would be no reason tap 'trips'to bring up the number.

It would be informative to see the Regeneration / Acceleration Line and the wh/mi number working together and would help in driving efficiency without tapping to get the wh/mi number or tapping to bring up the energy app which also takes over the screen. Also, less tapping means less distractions and safer driving.

I only had V10 for a a few weeks so I was still becoming familiar with it. What was the biggest thing that was lost?

This 256 post thread about hating V11 has a lot of feedback on peoples thoughts on that:

But now you can have the side mirrors in that corner. Because it makes so much sense to look at the screen while changing lanes or turning... (yes, I am being sarcastic)
I really wish there were more options to customise the screen. It's not horrible, but there is room for improvement.

Reactions: Mikecm1
On Model X legacy V10 you could put a mini Energy Chart up on the instrument cluster. It would display what ever distance you last selected in the big energy chart. 5 miles, 30 miles etc.

You can judge your efficiency in percent battery left at destination in Navigation. Recent change now continuously displays % battery left at destination. At least On Model S Refresh it does. I assume 3/Y might be similar. That’s a pretty good indicator of efficiency. And probably even more useful.

The trip card with the wh/mi consumption that you could just have in the corner of your screen.

Yes, I did use that for a short time before V11. It was OK but you still had to swipe back and forth to bring the numbers out. I was thinking that it would be better to have the numbers permanently displayed at the top of the screen. There is plenty of room up there if they use the same font size as the 'battery percent/miles' numbers.

Is there any updates on this? I'd love to have an instant wh/mile value available to look at while driving. I've had this feature in ICE vehicles and being able to see both instant and overall (tank, trip, etc) MPG was really helpful in improving your driving to get the most efficiency out of it.

Looking through this and some other threads, it seems that this feature used to be there, but has been removed in recent updates?

All I'm finding is what's in the Trips menu which seem to be an overall wh/mile for the trip. Is there any way to see instant or current wh/mile?

Is there any updates on this? I'd love to have an instant wh/mile value available to look at while driving. I've had this feature in ICE vehicles and being able to see both instant and overall (tank, trip, etc) MPG was really helpful in improving your driving to get the most efficiency out of it.

Looking through this and some other threads, it seems that this feature used to be there, but has been removed in recent updates?

All I'm finding is what's in the Trips menu which seem to be an overall wh/mile for the trip. Is there any way to see instant or current wh/mile?
The Model 3/Y have never had an instantaneous Wh/mile readout. Thankfully the cards were brought back a little over a year ago to at least bring back the Wh/mile for the current drive display.