Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are favourite 19 inch wheel covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m shopping for black wheel cover for my 19 inch geminis when I take delivery and I’m tossing between a few options. I love the look of the induction wheels but I want the range and ride quality of the geminis.

I’d be interested to know if any of you bought wheel covers and how you think they look in person and if they’ve impacted your range! Pics would be appreciated too!

Cheers

I'm very happy with the Tessories turbine wheel covers I got - I couldn't wait to get rid of the geminis. Bit embarrassed to take photos of my own as I've already managed a bit of kerb rash 🫤

Can't comment on impact on range, would need to scientifically test them. Would also need a double-blind test to assess ride quality which would be tricky to arrange...

I'm very happy with the Tessories turbine wheel covers I got - I couldn't wait to get rid of the geminis. Bit embarrassed to take photos of my own as I've already managed a bit of kerb rash 🫤

Can't comment on impact on range, would need to scientifically test them. Would also need a double-blind test to assess ride quality which would be tricky to arrange...
Did your turbine covers come with separate orientation for left and right side wheels?

These are my favourite. They come in Black or Gunmetal (pictured). And they're mirror imaged for left and right.
I got them from AliExpress, and they arrived in 3 weeks. Basically all come from China anyway.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005005043464925.html

20230405_211449.jpg

20230405_211512.jpg

Reactions: blonky
These are my favourite. They come in Black or Gunmetal (pictured). And they're mirror imaged for left and right.
I got them from AliExpress, and they arrived in 3 weeks. Basically all come from China anyway.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/1005005043464925.html

View attachment 928261
View attachment 928260

I've had mixed results buying off AliExpress in the past. Tried to look at these since I like the look and price. 2 questions maybe you can help with since didn't see on AliExpress and no way to contact seller that I could find. First, are the clips that attach the covers to the wheel plastic or metal enforced? And 2nd, do they come with any foam to help protect the wheel and reduce any sounds? Thanks

I've had mixed results buying off AliExpress in the past. Tried to look at these since I like the look and price. 2 questions maybe you can help with since didn't see on AliExpress and no way to contact seller that I could find. First, are the clips that attach the covers to the wheel plastic or metal enforced? And 2nd, do they come with any foam to help protect the wheel and reduce any sounds? Thanks
Yeah I understand. I've been lucky with AliExpress, but it's the Chinese eBay. So it could go either way depending on the seller. Most Tesla Accessory suppliers in the US sell the same Chinese products at a mark-up, but hopefully the better ones do a quality control before sending the items on.

Yes they do have metal clips and come with a roll of foam tape (see pictures attached). And the same metal centre-ring as original Tesla aero covers.

I've taken these aero covers on and off a quote a few times without issue. They clip on strongly and the plastic had no issues.

I'm getting as good efficiency as with stock ones. They come in Left & Right sides (mirror-imaged), which should help efficiency. Or at least they look better spinning the correct way each side.

And yeah, when on Mobile, the Aliexpress website doesn't seem to show the Contact Seller option. I had to select 'Desktop Site' (in my case Chrome browser on Adnroid), and then it shows the 'Sold By xyz Store' option halfway down the page. Then there is 'Contact Seller' on the next page. Or just use a PC - although I noticed my links above were for done on phone, and it's too late to edit. Here it is again for PC, where 'Message' is in the top right corner.

Attachments

• 20230112_071446.jpg
    20230112_071446.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20230106-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230106-WA0002.jpg
    656.7 KB · Views: 57
  • AliExpress.jpg
    AliExpress.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
One thing to note, the factory Tesla Gemini covers touch the wheel here (circled in green), and causes scratching to the wheel over time.

Whereas the aliexpress ones don't touch the wheel there. But they touch in a different spot on the front face, circled in orange. So I put some tape there just in case.

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    38.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20230112_071414.jpg
    20230112_071414.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 20230405_211124 (1).jpg
    20230405_211124 (1).jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: denstl
Great post. Trying to find these for the 19 inch M3 LR but easier to find hens teeth with my search capability. Any seller details would be appreciated. Thanks
Yeah I bet they're hard to find, since the 19 inch Model 3 Wheels don't come from Tesla with Aero Covers. I assumed no one made aero covers for them (unlike the 18" Model 3 or 19" Model Y wheels, that are made for wheel covers).

You have what are called the 'Sport Wheels' in 19 inch? The only one I found are these, available in Gloss Black, Matte Black, and Gun Grey:

They mention in the 4th picture, that they're for 2020 model year onwards. Looks like the outside of the spokes are flatter in the newer design, instead of being angled in.

The Australian website www.teslamodelaccessories.com.au seems to sell the same ones, but like most sites that onsell products, they mark up the price - in this case by AU$110 incl shipping. And there's no guarantee that they even stock them locally. Possible that they order them from China and just drop-ship them.

Yeah I bet they're hard to find, since the 19 inch Model 3 Wheels don't come from Tesla with Aero Covers. I assumed no one made aero covers for them (unlike the 18" Model 3 or 19" Model Y wheels, that are made for wheel covers).

You have what are called the 'Sport Wheels' in 19 inch? The only one I found are these, available in Gloss Black, Matte Black, and Gun Grey:

They mention in the 4th picture, that they're for 2020 model year onwards. Looks like the outside of the spokes are flatter in the newer design, instead of being angled in.

The Australian website www.teslamodelaccessories.com.au seems to sell the same ones, but like most sites that onsell products, they mark up the price - in this case by AU$110 incl shipping. And there's no guarantee that they even stock them locally. Possible that they order them from China and just drop-ship them.
Thanks for sharing and yes, spotted these on the same site at a very good margin for them. I’ll keep looking but for the reason you’ve mentioned I think it’s a no-go. Thanks again and I’ll report back if I strike gold.

Thanks. T
Yeah I understand. I've been lucky with AliExpress, but it's the Chinese eBay. So it could go either way depending on the seller. Most Tesla Accessory suppliers in the US sell the same Chinese products at a mark-up, but hopefully the better ones do a quality control before sending the items on.

Yes they do have metal clips and come with a roll of foam tape (see pictures attached). And the same metal centre-ring as original Tesla aero covers.

I've taken these aero covers on and off a quote a few times without issue. They clip on strongly and the plastic had no issues.

I'm getting as good efficiency as with stock ones. They come in Left & Right sides (mirror-imaged), which should help efficiency. Or at least they look better spinning the correct way each side.

And yeah, when on Mobile, the Aliexpress website doesn't seem to show the Contact Seller option. I had to select 'Desktop Site' (in my case Chrome browser on Adnroid), and then it shows the 'Sold By xyz Store' option halfway down the page. Then there is 'Contact Seller' on the next page. Or just use a PC - although I noticed my links above were for done on phone, and it's too late to edit. Here it is again for PC, where 'Message' is in the top right corner.
Thanks. Using the desktop link made a world of difference. About ready to order. Want to see if I can get the "T" emblem in the center like you have. Classes it up a bit. Appreciate the tip!