Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What audio source do you use the most?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to use Spotify exclusively when I wasn't listening to FM radio, but recently tried out tidal and the improvement in audio quality from their hifi tracks compared to Spotify's 96 KBPS streaming through the car is light and day better! I do miss being able to shuffle a playlist though

I used to use Spotify exclusively when I wasn't listening to FM radio, but recently tried out tidal and the improvement in audio quality from their hifi tracks compared to Spotify's 96 KBPS streaming through the car is light and day better! I do miss being able to shuffle a playlist though
I don
t understand why they wouldn't have such a basic function. Is there a pause button?

I'm a new Tesla owner and am using all audio sources except for Tidal (because I don't want to subscribe to another audio service).
So I'm using FM radio, Spotify, TuneIn and Slacker.

In my last car, I used to enjoy listening to my own music collection on a USB drive. I've put my USB music collection in my Tesla and sometimes listen to it, but their USB music player has some quirks/problems that ruin the experience for me. That is, it never remembers where I left off and it always puts me back at the top level where I have to drill down to what I was listening to before. It really should resume at the place where I left off before.

BT streaming, 99.999% of the time
Yep.

Been that way for the past year. On a whim, last week I just re-subscribed to Premium Connectivity for the first time since it auto-expired 30days after purchasing my car. Have some travel coming up and wanted to try the remote live sentry camera view. Of course, I also tried some of the native infotainment apps.. and well.. I've already canceled.

As far as what specific audio I stream via BT.. Podcasts, Apple Music, Youtube Music, SiriusXM, Audible, iHeart Radio, Pandora, and the occasional old school mix-CD's from my home Plex server.

What are people using for AM Radio? Our local ESPN is through an AM channel (ESPN 700) and I found out this weekend when looking for a soccer game that was being played....Tesla doesn't offer AM radio.

I wish I could say the same, but I hate how the media player never remembers where it last stopped playing, so I have to do a lot of searching if I want to resume the album I was listening to. This makes it nearly useless for me. 😥
In this respect, my 2020 model Y is worse than it was when I bought it. Until a software update in early 2022, my car always resumed playing from USB where it left off, regardless of how long it was parked. Now it reverts to a blank Tidal screen if I leave it more than a few minutes, and I never use Tidal or anything else besides USB. I can't understand why Tesla took away this useful, expected feature which I had for years on other, cheaper cars. It's enough of a nuisance to lower my rating of Tesla by a least one point on a 10 point scale. I have no expectation that Tesla will fix it, as they still haven't fixed cruise control, which is unusable and worse that cruise control on the cheapest Hyundai. Without the supercharger network, these fundamental an easily fixable software flaws would drive me away from the brand.

In this respect, my 2020 model Y is worse than it was when I bought it. Until a software update in early 2022, my car always resumed playing from USB where it left off, regardless of how long it was parked. Now it reverts to a blank Tidal screen if I leave it more than a few minutes, and I never use Tidal or anything else besides USB. ...
If you are not using Tidal try to disable Tidal source in the Tesla audio settings.