Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What changes to production Cybertruck ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe you can find the same wording for taillights, and there are cars where the taillight is clear across the back. The thing is that there are multiple bulbs or LEDs. The same will be true for the headlights. There isn't just one LED in the front, so the requirement is met.
Doesn't the width of this vehicle, assuming they stick with the currently illegal wheel width, require orange lights across the back?

Doesn't the width of this vehicle, assuming they stick with the currently illegal wheel width, require orange lights across the back?

Why are the wheel width "illegal'? There are light regulations if a vehicle is wider than 80" but the presentation had the Cybertruck at 79.8" so would not require the additional lights (I imagine their measurement includes the fenders). But even if it was wider than 80", they wouldn't be illegal, just be subject to additional regulations.

Why are the wheel width "illegal'? There are light regulations if a vehicle is wider than 80" but the presentation had the Cybertruck at 79.8" so would not require the additional lights (I imagine their measurement includes the fenders). But even if it was wider than 80", they wouldn't be illegal, just be subject to additional regulations.

It's just "merchant of doubt" BS, trying to deter people from buying a 2nd or 3rd CybrTrk.

I thought we just had a bunch of "new" truck people taking questions, but the statements like that one are wide open disinformation.

YES!

It's amazing that 1 week later we have all these negative 'bots, making an effort to sink a ship they haven't watched the basic media materials on? Is this normal marketing protocol for Detroit, sending in their rats?

In fairness, it’s probably because that presentation was half baked. How do you not practice before making s presentation like that?

I think Elon was quiet on many of the trucks features. There is going to likely be a ton of hidden quirks and production changes that get people talking. But like most things he’s doing it in stages.
The design was going to take some digesting and that’s what I think the unveiling was for.
Next the cheap preorder price gets hundreds of thousands (actually millions) engaged on the product.
Now in two years he’s going to essentially refresh the product by doing a feature reveal, those 250k+ preorders will then be reminded that they are getting this really advanced truck even two years after they placed a spot in line.

the important thing here is pacing the truck over two years. Keep it in peoples minds, but don’t make it boring by the time it’s released. There’s definitely a plan for CyberTruck.

In fairness, it’s probably because that presentation was half baked. How do you not practice before making s presentation like that?

"In fairness" of the merchants of doubt" you represent?

WHO is the "half -baked" organizer that brought the media into their vehicles for demo rides, with all their tech video equipment, knowing that videos would have well OVER 3 Million YT views in less than 48 hours?! LOL!

Last edited:
"In fairness" of the merchants of doubt" you represent?

WHO is the "half -baked" organizer that brought the media into their vehicles for demo rides, with all their tech video equipment, knowing that videos would have well OVER 3 Million YT views in less than 48 hours?! LOL!

I reserved the truck and i’m looking forward to it. But, based on that presentation i was a hard no.

The first iphone presentation was just a little before my time, i think it was 17-18 and not particularly paying attention because there was no way i could afford one away. How was the reception to that?
Very positive. Of course, there were the usual FUDsters and a Hitler meme. But everyone I worked with got one, mostly on the very first day. It was literally the first phone you could do anything other than phone without looking at page 178 of the manual.