Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you sell/trade for your 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GT-R.jpg

2019 Nissan GT-R Premium. After 6 years of driving these cars in both standard and Nismo trim, I miss very few things going to a M3P. But a EV sports car from Porsche will be in my garage when they are released.

In 2018 I returned my BMW 435 (Msport, in estoril blue) and got my model 3. I only have one pic of them together in my driveway, and its at night:

Model3 and BMW.jpg

The BMW looks better (especially from the front, before they went with the "beaver" face grills), but the model 3 is much faster. I really enjoyed that 435 as I factory ordered it and it had basically every option. With that being said, I have had my model 3 just coming up on 3 years, and the only thing I could think to replace it with right now would be another EV.

Reactions: OUengineer
Sorry if already posted before. Just curious what others have sold/traded for their model 3 and how they are enjoying the 3 vs their old vehicle.

I’m coming from a 2018 VW GTI. Haven’t taken delivery yet, but am sure I will love my 3 way more!

I am also coming from a 2011 GTI MK6 with a clutch. Have not taken delivery yet but I hope I don't regret the driving experience change.

A 2021 BMW M2 Competition in M/T. Best decision ever. I've saved $140 in gas within the first week of onwership (only $30ish in electricity) and better performance to boot. Best decision ever.

That's a spectacular car, but I totally get it, an M2 would have to be like a "weekend" car for just me, mostly for track events, which I really haven't done for the last several years.

To actually answer the question, I came from a '19 Mustang GT convertible, A10, Performance Pack, Magneride, Active Exhaust, basically every option, was running some aftermarket wheels, and an H-pipe/intake with an Ethanol tune, ran strong, fun car, but we replaced our DD/RT with a Wrangler 4xe, so that's giving us our fun, utility, beach, "convertible" so the GT made very little sense (and after the couple of months of PHEV exposure, I was confident it was time for me to go BEV).

Reactions: .Slug
I had a heavily modified 2002 WRX wagon and a Nissan Leaf. One was my fun car left over from before I had a kid and the Leaf was my commuter/around town car. The Model 3 performance replaced them both nicely though I do miss the feeling you get from revving the engine and rolling through the gears in the Subaru...

Reactions: OUengineer
Sold my 2018 BMW 440i Gran Coupe a couple of weeks ago for a M3 LR

8E735300-243B-4D5A-884E-C164DEA6E626.JPG

Loved the BMW and will miss the engine note of the straight 6 but the 2nd hand car prices in the UK have got so silly due to the chip shortage I actually made money on it, so was a no brainer! Certainly won't miss the fuel economy and the road tax on it though!

A 2012 Mercedes E63 AMG with over 500 hp. It was quick, but my Model 3 Performance is my dream car. So fast, handles great, quiet, good sound system.

I did drive an AMG E55 roundtrip from NC to California a few years ago, something I would not want to do with the Tesla. That would be the only drawback to going all electric.

Reactions: alhounos
2017 Chevy Bolt that GM bought back from me due to the battery fiasco. Loved the Bolt and if GM hadn't botched the battery recall, I would likely still be driving it today. That said, I love the M3LR as much. Different driving experience for sure. Both have their benefits and drawbacks. Also bought my MYLR after selling my 2019 F-150 Supercrew and 25' camper. Don't really miss the truck. Only had it to pull the camper.

Back in September of 2019 I heard about an off-the-shelf Model 3 Performance selling for $50k!!!! Only thing was it had 18" wheels but I saw that as a bonus since I'd rather have the more efficient wheels any way so I traded in my 2018 Model 3 Mid-Range for one.