Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you trade in picture thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went full electric from my PHEV. Nice car, really introduced me to the benefits of electric driving, but couldn't really hack it in winter without the ICE back up.
Dside.jpg

Reactions: debrooker
A 2018 Golf R. I'd not really say there was anything much wrong with it, it was reasonably quick, comfortable etc.

But I'd always been interested in Tesla, but very much from a distance, enough to not know they were available in the UK, what price they were etc. I'd always thought of them as unavailable one way or another.

Eventually I saw that one of the EV rental places would let you rent them on a month at a time basis... and had discussed doing a 2 weeks each with a friend. It never quite happened as we were just going into Covid lockdown and the like. But it did start me looking and thinking. Many months later and I was almost certain I'd buy one, and had booked a test drive. The rest is history.

Was I sorry to see the Golf go? Sort of. Is the Tesla better? I many ways, yes.

IMG_3928.jpg

Traded on Thu morning and it must be said, I almost backed out countless times in the months and weeks beforehand for various reasons and even on the morning of delivery it was coin flip time.

Apart from the 20mpg for my daily commute, I actually regret what I've done, there I said it...
With the money you save you'll be able to buy another Jeep in 12 months time. (Not sure you'll want to by then, mind).

you'll be able to buy another Jeep
I never realised just how bad my driveway was in terms of potholes and unevenness, I lose days from my life every time I come over the kerb. Guess my years of driving Jeeps and similar, were a bit too forgiving. Worst part is, part of the drive is a communal access route (mine driveway is actually fine), so going to need to spend money fixing something that isn't really mine. Certainly taking a bit of the shine off things, not to mention the underside of the car :mad:

BMW 330e - first foray into electric power train. Rapidly came to the realisation (as do most PHEV owners) that you get all the negatives of ICE and very limited advantages of EVs. I suppose fate (and an inattentive fellow road user...) decided it was time to make the leap to a 'full' EV.

Attachments

• BMW crash.jpeg
    BMW crash.jpeg
    753 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: debrooker
I had this 911 2S with manual gearbox which I’d had for many years and was going to keep forever. On my summer holiday in 2019 I read an Autocar article which suggested that ICE cars may be compared to fur coats in the future and it could become too embarrassing to be seen in one. I took that on board and made the change.

I often used to get 12mpg on my commute into London and sometimes had the opportunity to use the power and put a smile on my face. I found my M3P- that replaced it put a smile on my face much easier several times each trip 👍🏻.

Attachments

• 4AECBE76-D1AE-435B-B8FE-C2A7EA69BEE8.jpeg
    4AECBE76-D1AE-435B-B8FE-C2A7EA69BEE8.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 56
I had this 911 2S with manual gearbox which I’d had for many years and was going to keep forever. On my summer holiday in 2019 I read an Autocar article which suggested that ICE cars may be compared to fur coats in the future and it could become too embarrassing to be seen in one. I took that on board and made the change.

I often used to get 12mpg on my commute into London and sometimes had the opportunity to use the power and put a smile on my face. I found my M3P- that replaced it put a smile on my face much easier several times each trip 👍🏻.
My mate has a 4s and he was very interested to hear about my experiences with the tesla particularly when talking about its overtaking ability

I traded in this wonderful engine...

The C63 Motor.jpeg

It was attached to one of the most disappointing cars I've owned, a Mercedes C63 Estate.
If the car had been as good as the engine I'd still have it.

But the ride, the (dis)comfort, the servicing costs plus the fuel consumption resulted in me moving it on after 9 months.

But the engine... a delight.

Never bothered to photograph the car!