Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you think of the uberturbine wheels on the M3P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my Uberturbines. Yeah they are heavy and expensive but dang they look nice.
Dirty Tesla.jpg

They look great to me, I just couldn't rationalize the loss in range and harsher ride quality.
(just my opinion, not slamming).....but the ride..... i can see if your not a performance guy.....but the range?......not worth worrying about a couple miles in my opinion....i bought the car for pure performance......range was pretty much irrelevant....i did like the ride in my S with air suspension much better on trips, but the M3P is way more fun..

(just my opinion, not slamming).....but the ride..... i can see if your not a performance guy.....but the range?......not worth worrying about a couple miles in my opinion....i bought the car for pure performance......range was pretty much irrelevant....i did like the ride in my S with air suspension much better on trips, but the M3P is way more fun..
Very much into performance, but that's also what I have motorcycles for. If I want a stiff ride I can simply ride one of those and possibly go faster.

Now, the M3P range, yeah, it's important if I'm genuinely doing 400 wh/mi+ per trip I'm not going to realize estimated mileage. It will be way off and require more charging. That would relegate the M3P to an around-town kind of performance vehicle, and not an all-around road trip + performance.

Which is one thing in say a Huracan or GTR where you're filling up every 350 miles. You just stop and get gas. You wouldn't have reliable options for that in an M3P if you're driving this like it should (very fast) - not saying that's how you'd drive it on a road trip, just sucks to think you have to dial it down to make SC stops.

As for performance cars, in the past I'd say the harshest ride I've owned was a Lotus Elise. You had to WANT to drive that thing. Ingress/egress, it was contortionist and then you've got no power steering, stiff racing seats bolted to aluminum and stiff suspension. It was great for what it was, but I don't want or expect that from any 4 wheeled vehicle in the future. I've been there, and a motorcycle can still smash most of these hypercars so it's pointless to overspend to hit the same metrics or worse.

I get what you're saying, though, and I won't disagree you buy the performance for the performance.

Reactions: Ninety0ne
Very much into performance, but that's also what I have motorcycles for. If I want a stiff ride I can simply ride one of those and possibly go faster.

Now, the M3P range, yeah, it's important if I'm genuinely doing 400 wh/mi+ per trip I'm not going to realize estimated mileage. It will be way off and require more charging. That would relegate the M3P to an around-town kind of performance vehicle, and not an all-around road trip + performance.

Which is one thing in say a Huracan or GTR where you're filling up every 350 miles. You just stop and get gas. You wouldn't have reliable options for that in an M3P if you're driving this like it should (very fast) - not saying that's how you'd drive it on a road trip, just sucks to think you have to dial it down to make SC stops.

As for performance cars, in the past I'd say the harshest ride I've owned was a Lotus Elise. You had to WANT to drive that thing. Ingress/egress, it was contortionist and then you've got no power steering, stiff racing seats bolted to aluminum and stiff suspension. It was great for what it was, but I don't want or expect that from any 4 wheeled vehicle in the future. I've been there, and a motorcycle can still smash most of these hypercars so it's pointless to overspend to hit the same metrics or worse.

I get what you're saying, though, and I won't disagree you buy the performance for the performance.
drove an Elise at an SCCA event....."like a damn rock!"

Honestly, I can't think of any OEM wheels that look better than an aftermarket option - regardless of car brand. Even supercars, I'd probably replace the OEM setup with something better looking and lighter (carbon fiber?). I don't think the uberturbines look bad, but I've got a set of 2-piece BC forged being produced as we speak that will look about 200% better and be about 30% lighter - but you know about opinions... ;)