Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you use your Frunk for?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I had my daughter's "sleepover stuff" there, should have seen the look on her friend's face when we popped the hood to get the sleeping bag and pillow and stuff. Last weekend was chicken feed.

Since I have a P85 it is the big frunk but I don't use it often because Teslas are very rare here and when people see you raise the hood they think you have a problem and take notice, then you put groceries in there and endup having to answer a bunch of questions which you don't always have time for.

My frunk sits in the rafters.
We never use it anyway so I want the performance and range. No noticeable change in noise.

How much of a range improvement did you see when you removed it?

My parole officer.

There was an episode of Major Crimes where a body was found with specific marks on it and they figured out it was from the frunk of a Model X. One of the suspects had a Model X and he turned out to be the perp.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
Oh... I have to share this one too...

I volunteered to get the pizza for a party. I had popped the funk going into the pizza parlor so when I walked out all I had to do was lift the lid up ... I then proceeded to stuff a big stack of pizza boxes in and then shut the lid.

The guy sitting in the truck parked next to me saw all this and felt compelled enough to roll down his window. I knew something was coming. With shock and surprise in his voice and expression to match he said, "That thing runs on pizza!?"

We both laughed pretty hard... It was priceless!!

pull out all the carpeting pieces from the frunk, and you've got a nice empty plastic bin... with a small drain hole.

I can see filling it directly with ice cubes and beverages for a very large crowd at a picnic. Just nose in and pop the frunk!

Water would leak out the tiny drain hole dripping into a space that is already exposed to weather and road elements... through the "engine bay" and onto the ground. So no big deal. If you made a habit of this, I could see attaching a drain hose to the hole to encourage drainage going in a certain direction away from components that might not like to be dowsed in water too much.

Now, your EV can be an ICE car!

It is really small for my taste. Please share with me the things you use it for.

I have a facelift P85 (a custom job using all Tesla OEM parts) so I have the larger frunk. I use it for everything imaginable -- groceries, suitcases, wheels, etc. Here's a photo:

IMG_1627.JPG

I have a facelift P85 (a custom job using all Tesla OEM parts) so I have the larger frunk. I use it for everything imaginable -- groceries, suitcases, wheels, etc. Here's a photo:

IMG_1627.JPG

The P85 (RWD performance car) was discontinued in 2014. Did you put a new nose on an older car?

@Pollux hasn't found this thread. He put the cat box in his frunk when he moved. Every time he stopped he put the cat in the frunk and closed the lid down to a crack so the cat couldn't get out, but could get some light and air.

Laptop and guns. It's the only securely locking container in the vehicle.
guns? oh my!:eek:
if you are in interstate transport of your guns via states that aren't reciprocating with your state's carry permit the frunk is a perfect place to store the weapon. In stasi like police states like MD and NJ where the police will attempt illegal searches at the site of a fla plate the frunk would possibly be overlooked in their furtive attempts of violations of the 4th ammendment.
however in places that allow car carry, in your home state or a state reciprocates carry privileges why would you want to be so far away from your weapon?
oh and if you aren't aware the frunk is really not very secure.
Tesla frunk security flaw ?

• Informative
Reactions: TechOps
.... It's the only securely locking container in the vehicle.
actually, not exactly true. (ref: Tesla's emergency responders guide) hint, can be opened from outside with newer model years. Though perhaps thieves might not even think to look for something in a Tesla's frunk.

back to the OP's question, in my frunk I basically have emergency supplies (12V tire inflator, patch kit), a few tools, duct tape, shop towels, 12v emergency light, first aid kit, water packets & food bars. Also, a small 16qt cooler to store cold drinks on road trips.

• Informative
Reactions: TechOps and Chaserr
Small things I would like to keep clean and dry. Clean clothes, first aid kit, adapters, towels, or the occasional precious small cargo (use the towels to wrap). When the clothes and towels are used they go in the trunk (where the pet stays while travelling)