Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Does EAP give you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the custom order page for MS cars, what exactly does the EAP option give you?

The basic car seems to get:
Active safety tech
Collision avoidance
Auto emergency braking

The EAP adds:
More cameras (already on base car?)
Ultrasonic sensors (already on base car?)
TACC
Auto lane changing
Road transitions and exit
Self park
Summon

Do I have all that correct? Any additional features the base car has?

Is this considered AP2?

Lastly, would you order EAP again, or do you regret not getting it?

Thanks, sorry for the noob questions.

...Do I have all that correct?...

Be aware that Tesla Auto emergency braking is not the same as you see on TV from other brands where their cars would brake to a stop and avoid a collision.

Tesla Auto emergency braking is standard but it is not designed to brake to a stop. It is design to allow a collision, and again to be clear: It is not designed to avoid a collision.

It is design to reduce the speed which then to lessen the force of a collision.

On the other hand, if you want to pay additional fee for EAP=AP2, you get a collision avoidance system in training. It is still in its beta and it is not perfect just yet but its goal is to avoid accidents on freeways with the supervision of human driver in case the system fails.

Lastly, would you order EAP again, or do you regret not getting it?

I got my EAP=AP2 for the last 4 months/4,000 miles and I have enjoyed using it very much. I still have to manually intervene from time to time but it works very well for the majority of the time. I found it very useful for my case.

I do not regret paying for it and even if it is stuck at this beta stage forever and will never get any better, it is still well worth the money.