TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What Does EAP give you?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Buster1, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Buster1

Buster1 Member

Looking at the custom order page for MS cars, what exactly does the EAP option give you?

The basic car seems to get:
    Active safety tech
    Collision avoidance
    Auto emergency braking

The EAP adds:
    More cameras (already on base car?)
    Ultrasonic sensors (already on base car?)
    TACC
    Auto lane changing
    Road transitions and exit
    Self park
    Summon

Do I have all that correct? Any additional features the base car has?

Is this considered AP2?

Lastly, would you order EAP again, or do you regret not getting it?

Thanks, sorry for the noob questions.

2. Tam

Tam Active Member

Be aware that Tesla Auto emergency braking is not the same as you see on TV from other brands where their cars would brake to a stop and avoid a collision.

Tesla Auto emergency braking is standard but it is not designed to brake to a stop. It is design to allow a collision, and again to be clear: It is not designed to avoid a collision.

It is design to reduce the speed which then to lessen the force of a collision.

On the other hand, if you want to pay additional fee for EAP=AP2, you get a collision avoidance system in training. It is still in its beta and it is not perfect just yet but its goal is to avoid accidents on freeways with the supervision of human driver in case the system fails.

I got my EAP=AP2 for the last 4 months/4,000 miles and I have enjoyed using it very much. I still have to manually intervene from time to time but it works very well for the majority of the time. I found it very useful for my case.

I do not regret paying for it and even if it is stuck at this beta stage forever and will never get any better, it is still well worth the money.