Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does this do? (holding "T")

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried this and noticed that when in the first setting '70' I couldn't get the Rainbow Road to activate with the 4 pulls on the CC stalk. Changing back to P90D fixed that. And I could change modes on the fly but not sure they actually changed anything. KInd of annoying that it kept reverting back to 70. Think I will leave this one alone for now.

I went for a test drive of a Model S P90D at the weekend so I could complete configuration of my X (wanted to see if Autopilot could cope with local drivers!), As I am ordering a 90D the Tesla rep agreed to dial it down to 90D after showing off what a P90DL can do.
After trying it on 90D for a while I asked him if he could drop it down to 85D as the X is heavier and it might be a little closer i performance. He said that that option was no longer available since they stopped producing the 85D. Maybe this is the case for the latest update only.
Somebody (will) correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is any performance difference between the 85D and the 90D, so that could also explain why it's missing. That was only advertised as a range upgrade, not a power upgrade.

Reactions: JenniferQ
Works on my P85. Haven't tried it yet but I wonder what 90 is?

IMG_0787.jpg

Somebody (will) correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is any performance difference between the 85D and the 90D, so that could also explain why it's missing. That was only advertised as a range upgrade, not a power upgrade.
That's correct. On the CAN bus thread somewhere I remember reading that the power was the same with both batteries to the motors.

I wonder if they'll expand this to include the Model 3, as a way to do test drives before the cars are built. It wouldn't be perfect, of course, but it might help.

The differences in the size of the car makes the drive too different. If you're curious about how a Tesla drives, just book a test drive in the S.

It should come with a warning though... Once you drive electric, it's hard to go back and your wait for a 3 is just that much longer. Many are not as lucky as I am in being able to drive electric every day.

If you're on a budget, I would actually suggest buying a used Leaf to tide you over and get you prepared to driving Electric. Lots of used Leafs at really affordable prices. Especially 2012 and 2012 ones.

Works on my P85. Haven't tried it yet but I wonder what 90 is?

IMG_0787.jpg
iirc, 90 was just a battery upgrade. Would it change the range or charge % on the display in this mode? Idk.

Maybe just more cowbell? But at least a quiet one. I love Rainbow Road but I do NOT like the noise that accompanies it for the first few seconds. The best thing about my car is its silence. The fact that I can permanently mute the nav voice is golden.