Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to 'summon'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't know whether to post this in Driving Dynamics or here in UI. Picked here.

I originally ordered & 6 mos ago received my LR AWD M3 without autopilot. Several weeks ago I successfully tested the basic summon & was able to move the car in and out of my garage with no issues using it.

A few days ago I ordered and Tesla unlocked the 'basic' $2K autopilot. There are now a number of new items in the autopilot menu, but summon has apparently totally disappeared. No longer any option to enable / disable it. Can someone enlighten me as to what is going on? The car is running 2019.5.15 software. VIN 11xxxx, which I believe is AP H/W 2.5, but not sure about that.

Last edited:
Actually, this basic summon feature of
Is clearly marked as on any car with auto pilot in the apps description. We bought our M3 in April With AP and this was a feature they sold us on and demoed on our own car. And then they take it away? Is that what's happening? Lawsuit anyone? They need to get someone else to run this company as this "genius" is about the dumbest businessman on the planet.

Screenshot_20190905-224715(1).png

Not trying to be a tesla apologist but they bundled the summon feature with full self driving for a while now. I remember reading the description for self driving part in early Jan. 2019.

I don't have either autopilot of fsd, but man summon feature is super convenient especially when I wash my car. I would pay $500 just for that lol

Ummmm I can back it in and out of my garage. It’s hot outside. I’ll back the car out. Foam cannon the *sugar* out of it. Back it inside. Let it soak for 5 min. Back it out. Rinse the water. Back it inside the garage.

I didn’t this when I had the trial lol that’s the best thing ever!

It's supposed to be on the car and it was sold to me with the feature highlighted. You don't get to choose features to remove at your whim. I'm calling these clowns tomorrow.

Just because the APP has access to a feature does not mean your CAR does. You took a screenshot of all the things the App is ABLE to do, not "promised" to do. What you have available is what you purchased... and summon is NOT a feature of regular autopilot (but IS a feature of enhanced autopilot which has since been discontinued).

Where in your purchase agreement does it say that "autopilot" comes with summon? I obviously cant speak to what you were told, only you can do that. Its highly likely they demoed a car to you with FSD. Does your purchase agreement say that you purchased FSD? I doubt it, and I would like to see a description of the "autopilot" feature that says it comes with summon. The screenshot of the apps features does not count because the app isnt the car.