Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Happens When the Warranty Runs Out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only issue I'm aware of was folks who had frozen ones in cold weather.

Which is an issue I've seen on lots of brands of cars and has nothing to do with it being a Tesla.

I don't know the cars you have driven, as I said, in 50 years I've never once had a problem getting in the car. My friend did have a problem getting out of my Tesla once. Tesla can't seem to repair these intermittent problems their cars have either.

I don't know the cars you have driven, as I said, in 50 years I've never once had a problem getting in the car.

Weird- because as far as I know water has the same freezing point regardless of car brand.

Frozen door latches...easy remedy! - Page 5 - Xoutpost.com
BMW forum about frozen doors on their cars

Frozen Door Handle
Lexus forum about frozen doors on their cars

Car Door Is Frozen Shut! What Do I Do Now? | Mercedes-Benz Raleigh Blog
Mercedes dealer directing you to fix this on their cars with a hair dryer

Frozen door locks - Chevy Traverse Forum: Chevrolet Traverse Forum
Chevy forum about frozen doors on their cars

Door Latch Failure
Blog about tons of Ford door handle problems including both freezing shut AND flying open randomly while driving

What are these magical brands you have owned that in 50 years water dozen't freeze around them?

Depends what kind of winters you have, but up in New England people have doors freeze on them quite frequently.
Yes indeed. I lived in Massachusetts for 14 winters. Nothing like a good ice storm to "lock" you out of your car. Even if you can operate the lock (remember metal keys?), and open the handle, the weather strip may be frozen to the steel. All this is more likely to occur when you have no time to deal with it, of course.

I don't know the cars you have driven, as I said, in 50 years I've never once had a problem getting in the car. My friend did have a problem getting out of my Tesla once. Tesla can't seem to repair these intermittent problems their cars have either.

As @Knightshade pointed out, perhaps you live and work where temperature does not drop below zero in your state and or your cars are garage kept. Either-way, as you quoted me, who knows long term model 3. I am being faithful that just monitor random crap here and there.

00_jasonstesla.jpg